Gibson Brands Forums

Someone "almost" paid $1200 for a counterfeit Gibby!!!

KYSohn

http://www.ioffer.com/i/94320041?store=1

This guys excitedly (it seems---) offered $1200 for a counterfeit Gibson only to find out a day later that another guy had offered only $350, an offer which was accepted by the seller.

So he goes, "a guy got one for 350.00 dollars. I am not paying 1200.00 dollars for the same guitar a guy paid 350.00 for." O:)

One thing for sure, these counterfeits are getting better if those pictured are indeed what the sellers are actually selling.

The ones pictured looked pretty convincing... (even has 2-screw TRC)

Sorry guys, but I have no idea what that site is about.

I was going through the threads on Harmony Central and found it.

To me, it looks like a place where the counterfeit sellers are using in place of Ebay, which has been taking counterfeit auctions down once reported...

What is surprising to me is that there are still people believing that they can only pay $1200 for a Gibson Custom and thinking they are getting an authentic product...

I guess P.T. Barnum is right... Suckers born in every minute even these days... =D>

seriously' date=' what's that website about? i'd buy a fake epi for £140 including postage... =D> [/quote']

Its your money to do what you will with but when you buy " counterfeit " guitars you are funding criminals and taking money out of the hands of honest, hard working individuals.

Its your money to do what you will with but when you buy " counterfeit " guitars you are funding criminals and taking money out of the hands of honest' date=' hard working individuals.[/quote']

i know, i know, crime doesn't pay, and i don't own any counterfeit guitars. but i'll bet the only reason they can get away with this is because of the escalating price guitars - even epiphones. i know i'm not the only one on thesse forums who is amazed at the price of Epis these days

Luv those guyes from ioffer. Check this one:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/Gibson-ES-335-Electric-Guitar-Cherry-Finished--92406216

"We have a guitar factory' date=' may makes any guitar according to the customer request custom make !!!"[/quote']

And, if they ship locally in the USA, the shipping is only half the price of the guitar! Outside of the USA, well, you'll pay shipping that is the same cost as the guitar.

--- i'll bet the only reason they can get away with this is because of the escalating price guitars - even epiphones. i know i'm not the only one on thesse forums who is amazed at the price of Epis these days

I do completely agree with you that the price of a new Epi is getting to be somewhat ridiculous now.

(e.g. $850 for a Zakk Wylde Custom at GC??? I own 06 MIK one and I know it is a high quality instrument. But $850 for a "EE" Chinese made Epi??? I don't know about that...)

And I do see that there maybe some people thinking of buying a counterfeit Epi as an alternative due to the increasing price.

But they should know better...

Even though the price of Epi is going up' date=' there are other more legitimate outfits that still offer high quality products at highly reasonable price (Agile and Xaviere come to my mind).

To the best of my knowledge, the price of Agile 3000 was [b']$390 3 years ago[/b], and it still is $390!!!

I mean, come on... Even for a fake one needs to spend around $400. And he may receive a nice, well-playable one or a total POS. But from what I hear, most of those counterfeits are total POS. And it will be a total pain in the butt trying to resolve the situation/problem.

So why not spend that $400 for a guitar like Agile 3000 with all those features and customer service?

That's what I'd do...

"PAYMENT

Payment methods available include PayPal

SHIPPING

Shipping is 150 USD to any destination

Once payment has been confirmed, your item will be shipped within 2-3 business days.

Usually, it will take 7-12 days to U.S.A and Australia.

Shipping way is EMS

PACKAGE

This guitar is sold without case, but will be securely packaged and shipped in a molded foam

container. We provide high quality case and bag.

If you need the hard case , more $50.00 is necessary.

RETURN POLICY

We accept return if you are not 100% satisfied with the quality of your purchase,or if the

product arrived to you in a damaged condition. Unsatisfied customers may ship the product

back immediately with the original packaging within 3 days. We will send your refund the

product fee as soon as I receive the item.

PARTERNER PLAN

If you are a wholesaler, please contact us for more details. We are now cooperating with

international wholesalers from U.S.A and Australia. You can ask for the guitar pics and sell

our products on your site/ID. When order conformed, we can help you ship the item(s) to the

buyer directly."

more $50 is neccesary?

7-12 days to get to the US? wait, this is supposed to be american and...

how dumb can a person be?

Archived