Gibson Brands Forums

Countdown to EPI Les Paul Classic HNGD

animalfarm

My Turn, My Turn! Just won bid for 2006 EPI LP Classic, already paid and had

contact with seller twice. Good sign, he'll ship Wed. 04 mar 09. Slobber, Slobber.

Pix of what it looks like, will post pix with my other gits to "prove" I really have it -

It didn't really happen without pictures...".

classic1.jpg

classic3.jpg

classic2.jpg

classic5.jpg

Been looking for just the right one, saw black quilted, red quilted, jumped on this Amber Quilt

top, price was quite acceptable. Hooray for ME!

Pictured below is my '04 Classic. I love this thing' date=' best 499 bucks I ever spent![/quote']

I didn't see a Blue Quilt top Classic on Ebay, SWEET! I guess I lucked out, I paid $335.00

+ 40.00 UPS. My bid WAS at $300.00 for last 3 days, but 2 other

"Deekweeds" tried to sneak in at last minute. Silly fools, I had already planned for that...

How does your LP Classic play? Any mods/pup upgrades? The pups look stock, the knobs I can't

identify...Silver?

Hey, Gen Z: Remember the "empty guitar case" I spoke of in a previous post/topic

that started when you bought your new Gibby? Well, this is what is going to

magically fill it. "Why, sweetie - I've had that guitar for weeks, I thought you'd

already seen it!" I just haven't had the time to take it out and "tinker" with it...

Har, Har!!!!

Matiac: D@mn!!! Yesterday I saw the photo of you and your Blue LP Classic, was

expecting same, but when I scrolled down I thought I saw SATAN trying to jump

off the screen to get me!!! Wha' happened to the git?

That's the kind of picture you threaten little children with - "If you don't BEHAVE,

the BOOGIE MAN will come into your bedroom!!!!

I AM the "Boogie" Man. Nah I changed it out for a rather grainy, substandard picture of yours truly. But about the only thing Epiphone on mine is the name, just about everythings been swapped out...not because I had to, the guitar was VERY playable out-of-box, I did what I did cuz I could. The pickups are out of a '70's Gibson SG with pickup covers removed to preserve the Classic look I dig. Tailpiece is a TP6, bridge is Gotoh, the knobs are gold with silver inserts, I dont like gold hardware, but I DO like gold accents. The screws in the pickup bobbins are also gold, to set off the rest of the guitar, pretty good effect that I think works. And I promise I'll put a non-threatening picture back in there...after a while.

From one HNGD man to another HNGD man, Happy New Guitar Day for us~!!! Yeah~!!!

That's one nice looking Epi!!!

By the way, has the back of the neck been sanded? The finish there looks different from the rest.

From one HNGD man to another HNGD man' date=' Happy New Guitar Day for us~!!! Yeah~!!!

That's one nice looking Epi!!!

By the way, has the back of the neck been sanded? The finish there looks different from the rest.

[/quote']

I'll let you know about the neck when I rcv the guitar, but based on the pictures, I swear I can

see a glossy reflection running up and down the neck.

I know I must be crazy, but I STILL have a jones goin' for an AGILE AL-3100 Spalted Maple body

that I saw on the Rondo Music website (thanks Gen Zero for the lead). I MUST be Insane...

AL-3100

AgileAL-3100NatSpalted.jpg

Archived