Gibson Brands Forums

Why are the switch bezels labeled upside down ???

RaSTuS

On the bezel why is "RHYTHM & TREBLE" written upside down, it's easily readable by anyone watching you play but if you lean over and have a look it appears upside down.

Who is this info intended for, the guitarist or the audience?

I just turn my switches 90deg clockwise so they switch along the lateral axis of the guitar, want the neck pup just slide the switch toward the neck and slide toward the bridge for that pup.

Probably so the pickups know which is which. It's not for the guitarist or the audience, as the guitarist

knows the difference and the audience couldn't care less. IMO it's a cheesy look...They could have

used neck/bridge, but then the 3 p_up models would have been left standing in the middle.

Definitely for the "Audience" viewer. You'll note that all Catalogs, and the pix

we post here are "as seen from" the Front. If a Catalog was published that

featured guitars from the players point of view, all we would see is page after page

of SIDE VIEWS!!!

"Can someone tell me what this guitar is?" - (SIDE VIEW)

"HNGD for Me!" - (SIDE VIEW)

you see what I mean, har, har, har....

If it's supposed to be readable for the audience' date=' then how about the controls?[/quote']The audience is supposed to rotate depending on what the controls are set at.

Some guitars don't have a label at all - how will anyone know which is which?

The audience is supposed to rotate depending on what the controls are set at.

Some guitars don't have a label at all - how will anyone know which is which?

I like how you think...

No label, no confusion, no questions I reckon.

The controls are ok' date=' they are readable from both sides...... (the audience only with eye-glasses)

perhaps I have to chanche the Vari-Tone ??? (LOL)

[img']http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv55/paruwi6172/EPIPHONEBBKINGEBONY-5.jpg[/img]

Peter

DAMN, is all that cr@p PRINTED ON YOUR GUITAR???????????

Truth, they put them on like that so the average guitar buyer can see how he looks in the mirror, while practicing his Pete Townsend arm swing. And if that explanation makes any sense to you, go buy a guitar and stand in front of a mirror until it does.

Archived