Gibson Brands Forums

Fake Epiphone

Julian2103

Was it drop-shipped from China? If so' date=' it's definitely a fake.

Pics would help.

[/quote']

And did the dealer "live" in new zealand? If not, post pix, or a link to the item in

question (if off ebay), will show up as ENDED, but we can see pix (link will allow us to see,

but should avoid legal issues as seller isn't directly named or accused on a public

forum - ie: that crazy little thing called "libel").

Your LP is the SECOND one I've seen in the last 3 weeks that ALSO

was questionable, and BOTH have the "extra pointy" Horn/cut-out

(that's how we learn - if we can SEE, we can remember what we saw),

and yours does have a rather unusual headstock shape at the top.

Without nit-picking, those are the two most GLARING and OUTSTANDING

things.

About all Epiphone can do is confirm/deny it's authenticity. Print the email

out, may be of use if you decide to pursue returning guitar.

I hate to see anyone get scammed, and it is appreciated that you are

sharing the info/pix so others can LEARN what to look for...

Your LP is the SECOND one I've seen in the last 3 weeks that ALSO

was questionable' date=' and BOTH have the "extra pointy" Horn/cut-out

(that's how we learn - if we can SEE, we can remember what we saw),

and yours does have a rather unusual headstock shape at the top.

Without nit-picking, those are the two most GLARING and OUTSTANDING

things.

[/quote'] Knobs appear a little "off" as well ..... but I ain't no fake-spotter. Yeah, the horn and hs are pretty obvious, unfortunately for the op.

The Zakk Wylde logo on the back is probably the most definitive sign of it being fake... unless a factory worker "accidentally" stuck it on, there's no reason for it to be there.

It may very well be a good guitar, but it's certainly not an Epiphone.

I can see a number of things wrong with this guitar, but I will refrain from listing them since we already know it's a fake and it seems pointless educating the poeple who make these. Sorry to hear you got a fake Epi, but good luck with getting the whole situation sorted out.

Did you say you got it from a reputable dealer? I hope these fakes aren't finding their way into the only places we can be sure to get a legitimate guitar...

wow... this guitar is... undescribable.

Did you buy it over the internet? If so, and they showed you pictures of a 'real' Epiphone and you got... this... I think you have the right to return it/send it back or sue the seller.

I cannot believe why people (good old chinese people) would want to fake, fake guitars (I mean, Epis are just cheaper versions of gibsons but I mean... they're 'fake' after all)??? :) :-k:-k

I'm terribly sorry for you and I hope this/these bastard/s gets what they deserves...

JM

so in general - what percentage of epiphones on ebay are fake do you reckon?

ive seen a lovely little white custom les paul and im sure its genuine but im just thinking everything is fake now!

The White LP Custom - would it by chance be this one?

f1e8_1.jpg

f4a4_1.jpg

This particular seller just began 2 MORE 3-day listings for this White LP and for a LP Std Plus

trans blue' date=' and strangely enough is using the SAME photos from his previous listings

which just ended last night. Supposedly different gits, same photos. The Blue one DID

sell, I SAW that. Didn't follow the White one. Should have, now I'm watching both for

the next 3 days to see if listing reappears as ANOTHER 3-day "offering" with same pix.

The Blue one:

[img']http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt26/Animalfarm1984/4cd7_1.jpg[/img]

[/img]

I cannot believe why people (good old chinese people) would want to fake' date=' fake guitars (I mean, Epis are just cheaper versions of gibsons but I mean... they're 'fake' after all)??? :-k :) :-k

[/quote'] Not to be baited into another silly argument, but.... Legitimate Epis aren't "fakes" ..... much cheaper than Gibsons, obviously...."fake," not. Get a grip, son.... :-k

I do see his point though - bit like faking Squires really.

Surely spending say £50 to fake a £600 guitar make less sense than spending £70 to fake a £1600 one and if you pitched the price at the right level you'd guarantee a better return.

The White LP Custom - would it by chance be this one?

f1e8_1.jpg

f4a4_1.jpg

This particular seller just began 2 MORE 3-day listings for this White LP and for a LP Std Plus

trans blue' date=' and strangely enough is using the SAME photos from his previous listings

which just ended last night. Supposedly different gits, same photos. The Blue one DID

sell, I SAW that. Didn't follow the White one. Should have, now I'm watching both for

the next 3 days to see if listing reappears as ANOTHER 3-day "offering" with same pix.[/quote']

thats the one!! sounds even more dubious now!

Archived