Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Epiphone. it's called m-a-r-k-e-t-i-n-g

tvyelwhiteflag

There was a video (I think from Harmony Central's NAMM coverage) that showed all this Gibson

enblazoned apparrel and stuff that was supposed to be hitting the market soon. Not just usuall

promo stuff: but leather, glassware, (think Harley Davidson inspired). From the looks of the products

it was not only gonna compete in volume with the Fender stuff - it looked poised to dominate in the

quality and useability department. Hope this hasn't went the way of the Valve Senior... cause I

think it could really give the Fender plethora some much needed competition. Hopefully this will

break out soon as a late spring/summer release. If that goes like I think it will, maybe they'll be

some trickle down Epi stuff too....

Wedgie

I'm with you on this one neil. I'd personally never buy epiphone clothing. I'll buy their amps' date=' guitars, cases, guitar affiliated merch but for me clothing with a logo on it isn't really my thing.

I would chip in for a forum t-shirt though. I just like the idea of that. I'd probably stick it on my wall though, I don't really wear tshirts a lot.[/quote']

The last thing i'm into is doing free promotion for a corporation, i'm so anti establishment, and opposed to corporate and governmental greed.

As it stands i have no clothing, and no promotional accessories with advertising except accessories that came with a product, ie: carry case for my gps navi, my camera case, those sort of things.

But there are a couple of reasons i grabbed thet-shirts, not the companies involved, i got gibby and fender, marshall and vox, so there's cleary no alleigence to any particular corporation. They were reasonably priced and good quality stuff. For this decision, to me it was more about the lifestyle, just like i'm sayin', i'm wrapped in guitars and all the crap that goes with 'em, not pushing a product, just the general industry is represents.

The last thing i'm into is doing free promotion for a corporation' date=' i'm so anti establishment, and opposed to corporate and governmental greed.

As it stands i have no clothing, and no promotional accessories with advertising except accessories that came with a product, ie: carry case for my gps navi, my camera case, those sort of things.

But there are a couple of reasons i grabbed thet-shirts, not the companies involved, i got gibby and fender, marshall and vox, so there's cleary no alleigence to any particular corporation. They were reasonably priced and good quality stuff. For this decision, to me it was more about the lifestyle, just like i'm sayin', i'm wrapped in guitars and all the crap that goes with 'em, not pushing a product, just the general industry is represents.

[/quote']

I guess I'm the polar opposite... If it's a product or brand I feel strongly enough about, I've got no qualms about wearing a shirt, hat or whatever with a company logo on it. Brand loyalty, I guess.

You should see my closet.... I've got Dale Earnhardt stuff everywhere...LOL. Chevy, Dell, AMD (Intel's rival), etc...

B.

I guess I'm the polar opposite... If it's a product or brand I feel strongly enough about' date=' I've got no qualms about wearing a shirt, hat or whatever with a company logo on it. Brand loyalty, I guess.

You should see my closet.... I've got Dale Earnhardt stuff [b']everywhere[/b]...LOL. Chevy, Dell, AMD (Intel's rival), etc...B.

I haven't had enough experience with enough gear to have formed any preferences yet.

Would we have to get copyright permission to have a design contest?

Brian

I'm no corporate lawyer but I don't think so. Just a few guys sitting around drawing. As long as the images aren't used for monetary or personal gain without permission I would think it would be fine.

Archived