Gibson Brands Forums

Caveat emptor methinks.....

Thermionik

Check out the headstock logos on these two:

Item number: 220406378785

Epiphone SG Emily The Strange Limited Edition New !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220406378785&_rdc=1#ht_18166wt_1398

Item number: 220404942128

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Heritage Tiger Top Guitar.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220404942128&_rdc=1#ht_16550wt_1398

I see nothing wrong with them. The Emily SG doesn't have a serial number that I can see, but it could very well be on the neck plate on a bolt-on guitar.

The Les Paul looks fine, too.

Logos aren't exactly consistent, especially between different factories and different years.

DW is DaeWon, China. My mandolin was made there.

I've seen ones at the Sweetwater site with 'o's open at the bottom. We discussed it on a thread here, a few months back as I recall.

Yep, here ya go - on a blue Les Paul Standard Plus.

0806123703-headstock-l.jpg

The Les Paul Thermionik posted looks sweet to me...What am I missing? What do you think is wrong with it? I think it's beautiful - could almost turn me on to Les Pauls (but I'm an SG man at heart...)

BTW Peter: A "DW" serial number indicates a DeaWon, China, built guitar, so far as I know...

P.S. And even though I love SGs - I shan't be adding a Strange Emily to my collection. vomit-smiley-9529.gif

Hnm... that's wierd. Those pics I posted before were shrunk down on Firefox 3' date=' but were massive on IE7...

Sorry about that... I hate it when people post huge pictures[/quote']I had the same issue... when I was posting photos of my Spirit when I got it, I was using my grandparents' computer, with Internet Explorer. They were huge. On my own computer, with Firefox, they looked normal sized. I hope I haven't been posting huge photos all along.

Google it people! It is a cult cartoon strip thing. I also have no idea why Epiphone thought an Emily the Strange guitar would sell. And if they did think it would, why a bolt on neck and not a G400.

I think the target audience is really young goth females.

Archived