Gibson Brands Forums

Tommy Lommi G400

Bangbang

what was the problem with the prophecy?

The neck was actually bent and crooked...and he talked about some other issues that sounded chinese to me. Tech stuff. It soundrd like crap after I played it for awhile. The new G400 Tommi Lommie sounds great. I just played a few songs on it. No poblems and it seems ok right out of the box.

heh heh ... 'Tommi Lommie'... :^o Who was that other guy in that band.. Izzy Lisborne?

LMAO....And don't forget thats Tommi with an I! Does kinda roll off the tongue though Tommi Lommie, Tommi Lommie, Tommi Lommie. My god I've got the bands new name!!! Ladies and Gentlemen.....TOMMI LOMMIE!!!!

LMAO....And don't forget thats Tommi with an I! Does kinda roll off the tongue though Tommi Lommie' date=' Tommi Lommie, Tommi Lommie. My god I've got the bands new name!!! Ladies and Gentlemen.....TOMMI LOMMIE!!!![/quote']](*,)

We're just giving you hard time Bang. You got to be thick skinned to hang out with these guys. You'll get your chance to give them some of it back one day.

Yeah BangBang......Nothing personal, just all in good fun. I've made mistakes here and gotten s@#t for it too. Just don't take it seriously.

Yeah BangBang......Nothing personal' date=' just all in good fun. I've made mistakes here and gotten s@#t for it too. Just don't take it seriously. [/quote']

No problem I got the skin of a hog. I have been banned over this issue at a few sites so I am very careful about what i say. I have some sick humour that many can't take. I was banned for a short time on this site but was happy to get back.

Which prophecy was it and where did you get it from. I have two prophecies, an SG that is perfect and a Futura that is ok now I have given it some TLC but just not quite as good as the SG overall.

If your neck was warped there is no way it should have got through QC. Did it have a QC sticker on the back of the head?

No problem I got the skin of a hog. I have been banned over this issue at a few sites so I am very careful about what i say. I have some sick humour that many can't take. I was banned for a short time on this site but was happy to get back.

Sometimes it can just be hard to tel when someone is joking online. Thats why I always try to add an LOL or JK. We have alot guys here from across the pond and I've never understood British humor ( or humour ). Thats why I can't stand Benny Hill. I can't understand a word the guy is saying. The audience will be laughing their heads off and I'm left wondering what was so funny.

Anyhoo; I've always thought the Iommi would be a great guitar. Post us some photos when you get back on your feet.

Which prophecy was it and where did you get it from. I have two prophecies' date=' an SG that is perfect and a Futura that is ok now I have given it some TLC but just not quite as good as the SG overall.

If your neck was warped there is no way it should have got through QC. Did it have a QC sticker on the back of the head?[/quote']

He did say the neck was not righy and needed replacement. I did not notice any sticker.

Which prophecy was it and where did you get it from. I have two prophecies' date=' an SG that is perfect and a Futura that is ok now I have given it some TLC but just not quite as good as the SG overall.

If your neck was warped there is no way it should have got through QC. Did it have a QC sticker on the back of the head?[/quote']

This one

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=294&CollectionID=16

Sometimes it can just be hard to tel when someone is joking online. Thats why I always try to add an LOL or JK. We have alot guys here from across the pond and I've never understood British humor ( or humour ). Thats why I can't stand Benny Hill. I can't understand a word the guy is saying.
I have no problem understanding "British humor", and I'm American!...LOL BTW, Benny Hill was GREAT!

I have no problem understanding "British humor"' date=' and I'm American!...LOL BTW, Benny Hill was GREAT![/quote']

Yes......Bennt Hill was a riot. One of my favorite comedians. My family was from England (dads side) so i grew up with that accent. However I did not pick it up.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah the SG. I have that one and mine was perfect. I guess it shows that quality control is not what they say it is at Gibson/Epiphone. They claim all guitars go through the same "exhaustive" QC including checking the intonation. As you have discovered they lie! I do however, believe that you were just unlucky a sI have not seen this problem mentioned before in regard to that model.

Archived