Gibson Brands Forums

hi, tell me your opinion

collin

right, I like slash, and his guitars a lot. I was given a choice between a goldtop 56 ri and a epi lp standard plus, most likely honeyburst. which do youo think will get slash's look in terms of guitars and sound better? do you think the gt too flashy for use anywhere? i mean slash pulls it off cos well......it slash, simply put? thanks a lot

right' date=' I like slash, and his guitars a lot. I was given a choice between a goldtop 56 ri and a epi lp standard plus, most likely honeyburst. which do youo think will get slash's look in terms of guitars and sound better? do you think the gt too flashy for use anywhere? i mean slash pulls it off cos well......it slash, simply put? thanks a lot[/quote']

Just remember to get him to sign it.

100_2560.jpg

100_2562.jpg

I never base a guitar purchase simply on the look of the guitar. Sure' date=' its a plus if the guitar looks cool, but if it doesn't play and sound like I would like than its useless to me.[/quote']

no..i like how they sound but now im deciding between looks

I never base a guitar purchase simply on the look of the guitar. Sure' date=' its a plus if the guitar looks cool, but if it doesn't play and sound like I would like than its useless to me.[/quote']

Look is the first thing that I consider, then feel/playability then sound. Obviously if it doesn't have all three then I won't buy it. Brand is also quite important for me because I have a habit of selling them soon afterwards when I'm hard up or fancy something else.

Well, the GT has P-90s but Slash seems to prefer the humbucking pickups. I'd get the honeyburst Standard Plus and then save up for a pair of Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro IIs; you'll have Slash's tone nailed.

Archived