Gibson Brands Forums

Dots and Mini HB's?

sledge57

I was at a guitar store today and I saw a Dot there, it was left handed and being held for another customer but what caught my eye was it had a Mini HB at the neck position.

Anyone ever see Epi do this on a DOT before, a full size HB at the bridge and a mini at the neck? [thumbup]

I can't swear it was really a DOT however it was tagged as one and was a new guitar not used.

I'm going back there tomorrow and I'll see if it's been picked up yet. I will ask questions and take pics if it's still there.

I guess I could be wrong about it being new but I could swear the pups still had the plastic on them...............

I really don't want to make this trip, I need to sell something (huge dentist bill from breaking a tooth a couple weeks ago and I go back to the jawbreaker tomorrow also) and I'm going to see about the interest in my KAT. censored.gif

If it doesn't sell tomorrow I will be posting an ad here before I do the CL thing ........... ack2.gif

Ok, I went back today and it's gone. I asked about it and was told it was mis-marked.

Said it was a Riviera not a Dot.

Did Riviera come with both a mini and and full size HB in the same guitar?

I can find references to Riv's with 2 mini hb's but not a combination.

Anyone?

Ok' date=' I went back today and it's gone. I asked about it and was told it was mis-marked.

Said it was a Riviera not a Dot.

Did Riviera come with both a mini and and full size HB in the same guitar?

I can find references to Riv's with 2 mini hb's but not a combination.

Anyone?[/quote']

Rivieras came with Mini's, originally...USA, then later in Asian models. They (Asian versions) also came

with full sized, but not (to my knowledge) with Both, on the same guitar. It may have been "modded"

by the previous owner, Maybe?? If it was "new," I haven't got a clue. I've never seen a "new" one,

with anything but Mini's, these days. The only guitar that came factory stock, with a mini AND a Full sized

HB, was the AlleyKat!

Too bad, they discontinued that one! ;>(

BUT...if you see a Riviera like THAT, again...please, take a photo, and find out all you can, about it...and let us know.

CB

Yea it was weird, I'm guessing it wasn't new either but I didn't pay it that much attention when I saw it since it was a lefty and was already sold, but they put red tags on used gear and this one wasn't tagged as used but it must have been.

No camera phone and I don't always have a camera with me but I guess when going to a guitar store I should take one [confused]

Archived