Gibson Brands Forums

G400 STRAP LOCKS

trj44

Can anyone recommend please a strap lock brand that will suit an epi g400? I have tried several but none of them have the correct screws. The original Epiphone screws (which I would prefer to use for obvious reasons) have a larger head than will fit into the straplock buttons. I do not want to alter the holes in the body.

Any and all help gratefully accepted,

Thanks

Guest icantbuyafender

dunlop works for ALL my epis. its not a big deal to shave the screw head with a dremmel.

Try the guitarfetish straplocks. I dunno if they will work with the stock screws, but dang, theyre cheap enough to try without feelin bad.

Although I'm not trying to stop anybody from buying a fine tasting beer, I have found a very inexpensive alternative myself. For those not wanting to pay for a six pack, and those who can not drink alcohol, go to an ACE Hardware store (if in the USA, if not, or even if you are, any hardware store will do, I just got mine at ACE).

I found them in the plumbing section of the store. They are white, rubber washers that are supposed to be used when attaching the toilet seat to the base of the toilet .

They fit very snug, hold extremely well, and cost about $2.98 for 8 of them. And because they are an off-white color, they look OK with whatever color guitar or strap you have. I will never pay for any other type of strap lock again.

Here's one on my LP. Sorry about the crappy cell phone pic.

12-12-09_10001.jpg

Guest icantbuyafender
Although I'm not trying to stop anybody from buying a fine tasting beer' date=' I have found a very inexpensive alternative myself. For those not wanting to pay for a six pack, and those who can not drink alcohol, go to an ACE Hardware store (if in the USA, if not, or even if you are, any hardware store will do, I just got mine at ACE).

I found them in the plumbing section of the store. They are white, rubber washers that are supposed to be used when attaching the toilet seat to the base of the toilet .

They fit very snug, hold extremely well, and cost about $2.98 for 8 of them. And because they are an off-white color, they look OK with whatever color guitar or strap you have. I will never pay for any other type of strap lock again.

Here's one on my LP. Sorry about the crappy cell phone pic.

[img']http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/SGLudwig/12-12-09_10001.jpg[/img]

haha awesome!

just like the dunlop lock washers, and just like the Grolsch only white.

guitarelectronics.com sells just the strap buttons, so you dont have to pay $15USD for a set of straploks. Id have saved so much money had i known i didnt have to buy the sets.

Im still pissed about it. [-(

Although I'm not trying to stop anybody from buying a fine tasting beer' date=' I have found a very inexpensive alternative myself. For those not wanting to pay for a six pack, and those who can not drink alcohol, go to an ACE Hardware store (if in the USA, if not, or even if you are, any hardware store will do, I just got mine at ACE).

They fit very snug, hold extremely well, and cost about $2.98 for 8 of them. And because they are an off-white color, they look OK with whatever color guitar or strap you have. I will never pay for any other type of strap lock again.[/quote']

Actually, I didn't buy the beer, either. I got them at a home brewing supply store. Two for a quarter!

I use Dunlops. They work great for me. They cost more than the washers, but I don't leave my guitar strap on when I put my guitar in the case, I take it off. The strap comes off a lot easier with the Dunlops than the washers. I don't use the same ones as 5er driver. I haven't seen those before, they look very interesting.

I use the Schallers, but I also have some of these http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware,_parts/Electric_guitar:_Strap_buttons/Lokstrap_System.html

At $2 a set, you can't beat them for quick and dirty strap security and they fit any guitar. You just pop them on and rotate the outer collar 180 degrees. The picture shows the left one unlocked and the right one locked. Notice the hole size.

Yeah' date=' but they don't come off as easy.[/quote'][cool][confused] [confused] They're rubber.... I have no problem stretchin' 'em to get them off. If they came off easily, it would defeat the purpose, yes ? My only gripe with them is the color - but.... I like beer, Grolsch (and other brands) come with the flip top caps, and the seals work well.....have thought about blackening them out with a Sharpie, but .... guess the red doesn't bother me THAT bad yet...[biggrin]

I use the Schallers' date=' but I also have some of these http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware,_parts/Electric_guitar:_Strap_buttons/Lokstrap_System.html

At $2 a set, you can't beat them for quick and dirty strap security and they fit any guitar. You just pop them on and rotate the outer collar 180 degrees. The picture shows the left one unlocked and the right one locked. Notice the hole size.[/quote']

Dave - Same principal as the Dunlops in my post. Stewmacs are probably cheaper, I forgot what I paid for the Dunlops. I ordered a pack of 2 and got 3. [crying]

Archived