Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD!!!

andrewjunior

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also, not sure if i mentioned this....

there's three ska/reggae/punk bands that are touring currently called The Aquabats, Attaboy Skip, and The Soulutions. Back in the early 90's, the founding members of these three bands were all in a band called GoGo13. my new guitar for hngd was originally owned (and i assume built) by the original rhythm guitarist for GoGo13.

i woke up today and took off all the stickers except the original gogo13 sticker on the back. it might even stay there when i get around to repainting... not sure.

the aquabats were and are my first favorite ska band, so it's kindof a special thing for me to have the guitar that was played in a band with original members of the aquabats.

also' date=' not sure if i mentioned this....

there's three ska/reggae/punk bands that are touring currently called The Aquabats, Attaboy Skip, and The Soulutions. Back in the early 90's, the founding members of these three bands were all in a band called GoGo13. my new guitar for hngd was originally owned (and i assume built) by the original rhythm guitarist for GoGo13.

i woke up today and took off all the stickers except the original gogo13 sticker on the back. it might even stay there when i get around to repainting... not sure.

the aquabats were and are my first favorite ska band, so it's kindof a special thing for me to have the guitar that was played in a band with original members of the aquabats.[/quote']

My son is happy for you! As I was reading this post I asked if he still listened to the Aquabats. Oh, yeah! was his

response. He took a look at your guitar and thought it was pretty cool! Then I started getting a lesson on the

drummer once being with the Aquabats then Blink182, and the Blink is/will be out on the road . . . then his cell phone

beeped, so he left me.[biggrin] [sigh]

Sheila

lol... yeah i'm sometimes sad to admit that my cell still owns me.... but yeah, travis played for the aquabats for a while, but quit due to differences... the majority of the founding members of the aquabats are Mormon (LDS.. you know, from Utah, pioneers, etc. etc.) and Travis was kinda a lone wolf as it were... i think about that time, their music got a bit slower and went from super ska-ish, to what it's become... more of a novelty, comedy based group that happens to have a lot of their roots still deep in the ska world. you just can't lose travis barker and expect to still be the same band as when you had him...

is it truely a no name guitar? is it maybe a bolt on neck like the crafters here? http://www.crafterguitars.com/gallery_cruiser/lj_550_blu.php

http://www.myspace.com/gogo13

not to be confused with the gogo's...

the neck is set. it's really a weird neck. kinda fat... no name. not sure if the body is warmoth or if it's a real gibby or not...

Archived