Gibson Brands Forums

I have a truss rod problem...

slimjimdom

WTF???

I demand the story here!

Story is,

About 8 years ago, broke my foot in a motocross incident. Came up short on a big triple (didn't crash) but the impact flexed the foot back enough to break it. After 6 weeks in a cast, the bone healed superficially. A few months later, broken again...(just running down the block) 6 more weeks in a cast. After the 3rd break I was advised to have a pin put in to support the bone.

Now years have passed, It's been x-rayed before, once when it was giving me trouble and once again when I got into a car accident (passenger) Most recent xray was 2-3 years ago after the accident. All was well.

Recently I have been having troubles again and today decided to go have it checked to find the xray posted.

The stainless steel screw is broken but all of the bone is fine.

I don't know how and the doc couldn't say except. All the bone looks fine, don't worry about it.

Was that a result of "TRUE LOVE"

It was a result of a bottle of tequila, a banana peel left carelessly on the ground and keeping my guitars on stands instead of put away in their cases. Let this be a lesson to you kids - store your guitars properly! Or "don't drink so much!" Or maybe "don't leave rotting fruit lying around!" Hell, I don't know but I'm sure there's some sort of lesson to be learned there somewhere...

It was a result of a bottle of tequila' date=' a banana peel left carelessly on the ground and keeping my guitars on stands instead of put away in their cases. Let this be a lesson to you kids - store your guitars properly! Or "don't drink so much!" Or maybe "don't leave rotting fruit lying around!" Hell, I don't know but I'm sure there's some sort of lesson to be learned there somewhere...[/quote']

That's what they all say!

Tell us what really happened!

Archived