Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

MojoRedFoot

Lots of folks doing these posts lately. So i figured "why not?" First of all, this guitar is new to me. I bought it kinda on a whim on 8/28/10. 1990s ESP Eclipse Semi acoustic. Very few of these floating around in the world. Not a lot of info on them on the web. Anyhoo, to those that care, enjoy to pix [cool]

eclipse001.jpg

eclipse002.jpg

eclipse005.jpg

Got it plus a couple packs of strings from Guitar Center for $500 (they were asking $629). Don't hate me, Neo. [blush] Like I said, very few floating around.

I can only guess it's a 2 piece maple top and I believe the rest is mahogony. I is definitely meant to be played plugged in as the sound is not bad unplugged. Obviously not going to sound like a dreadnaught. I plugged it in a Fishman amp at the store and it sounded great. I cut the tone back to give it a more full bodied sound. I play it at home primarily through my Line 6 Spider 2 (clean w/ a touch of reverb and it sings). Like I said, gotta cut the tone back to about a 6 or 7. The neck is very comfortable. I'm loving the matching headstock.

Archived