Gibson Brands Forums

Black Keys

Silenced Fred

[thumbup]

I can't tell you how excited I am. A show in Chicago on December 31st... Great start to a new year. Gonna order my tix as soon as I can. Anyone see them in concert?

I saw them in Boston on 7/31, GREAT show, look for gregthebunny100 on youtube, I posted 8 or so vids from the concert (youtube is blocked at work, otherwise I'd link, sorry)

I saw they're playing the Brawlroom (Yup, I used to live in Chicago :P ). That's gonna be a great place to see them! Enjoy!

I saw them in Boston on 7/31, GREAT show, look for gregthebunny100 on youtube, I posted 8 or so vids from the concert (youtube is blocked at work, otherwise I'd link, sorry)

I saw they're playing the Brawlroom (Yup, I used to live in Chicago :P ). That's gonna be a great place to see them! Enjoy!

I'm pumped. They are playing with the Greenhornes as well. I haven't been to the venue before, was going to see Silversun Pickups, but I was out of town for the show [crying]

Nothing can get me to skip this though

I'm pumped. They are playing with the Greenhornes as well. I haven't been to the venue before, was going to see Silversun Pickups, but I was out of town for the show [crying]

And they're not playing with the Kings of Leon as headliners, so you don't have to worry about the show being cancelled. [flapper]

Take the red line, park somewhere safe and head in. Maybe in Evanston or someplace around there. It's NYE, so that area can be sketchy, or was 15 years ago or so.

And they're not playing with the Kings of Leon as headliners, so you don't have to worry about the show being cancelled. [flapper]

Take the red line, park somewhere safe and head in. Maybe in Evanston or someplace around there. It's NYE, so that area can be sketchy, or was 15 years ago or so.

Yeah I was hoping to take the train, I think things could get pretty hectic with it being new year's eve...

I got tickets to see them in Austin in October! I CANNOT WAIT!

Best band out there right now, hands down!

I have learned most of their older stuff off of Thickfreakness and some stuff from Attack and Release. Let me know how it is, I can't wait to see Dan. My drummer kind of looks like Pat... he says I have to grow out the beard...

I have learned most of their older stuff off of Thickfreakness and some stuff from Attack and Release. Let me know how it is, I can't wait to see Dan. My drummer kind of looks like Pat... he says I have to grow out the beard...

I gotta tell you, on one song, I really wish I remember which one, Pat was pounding the drums as hard as Bonzo. Maybe it was "Just Got To Be"

What do you use to get that woolly fuzz tone?

Duuuude that's awesome.

I wonder when they're coming out west.. I'd totally drive to LA to see them.

Oh yeah also.. Speaking of the Greenhornes... Did you check them out? If so what'd you think?

I dug em. Good sound, a little more laid back than the Raconteurs, but still great.

I can't wait, Black Keys kick ***!

You have to be kidding me? I'm this (times a hundred) |----------------------------------------------------------| envious right now, you lucky bastard! <_<

The two times I wanted to go to Lolla and didn't have a concert buddy to split the amenities they were playing, was so disappointed to miss them. They were about 75% of the reason I wanted to go the last couple of years. Too bad you missed SSPU.

The two times I wanted to go to Lolla and didn't have a concert buddy to split the amenities they were playing, was so disappointed to miss them. They were about 75% of the reason I wanted to go the last couple of years. Too bad you missed SSPU.

I wanted to go to Lolla, but I decided 90 just to pretty much see the Black Keys was pretty ridic... I really like Silversun Pickups, I think the guitarist is pretty good, and he has a weird *** voice.

If I could have I would have done last year's since they had tool and SSPU as well as plenty of decent bands. Yeah the lead singer for SSPU has a messed up voice but I kind of dig it. Lazy Eye is one of my favorite tunes.

Lazy Eye and Substitution are my favorites. I like his voice, everyone makes fun of me for liking it, but its got a cool vibe. I am in love with the bass player... for some reason, I just can't help myself [blush]

I was there, too!

And yes, it was an absolutely mindblowing show.

Archived