Gibson Brands Forums

had it with my truck!!!

pete c

been working on it seems like forever. id fix one thing move it around the driveway, and five more things would go wrong. i grew a strong hatred for this truck over the summer. so there was this 20lbs splitting maul and well the pic tells the rest of the story.[cursing][cursing][cursing][cursing]

013.jpg

i did get the wind shield, didnt get a pic of it my friend showed up with his ramp truck before i got back. i have to go over his place next week ill get a pic then. the best pic would have been my buddies face when it hit the hood, he was sitting in the drivers seat. [scared]

Man, yours is like 15 years newer than mine....

1dyg03.jpg

It's been on it's death bed for several years now but I think it KNOWS not to break down because that will be the end.

just show your truck a pic of mine, it was a 94 f-250

My friend drives this 83' Silverado. That thing is beat to sh!t, only gets 8 miles to the gallon and one of its gas tanks has a hole in it. The interior roof lining is falling in and the doors require the arms of Hercules to open. But she still runs and it's a great truck. msp_flapper.gif

Bonfire,

The 1992-96 Ford was a good solid truck.

The new model for 1997 was a complete and utter piece of sh!t when it was brand new.

Took several years to get the bugs out of 'em again.

One observation - if I may?

I wonder if, at some point early in that truck's history, somebody spent a little too much time/money/energy attaching "bling" to it instead of performing regular maintenance or needed repairs.

I've gotten lotsa miles out of almost every vehicle I owned.

The couple of lemons I had made it very clear within 50,000 miles.

Pieces of sh!t that looked fantastic!

Lost my butt, but got rid of them in short order.

Once they're as old as yours, I'm a bit of a skeptic when I see sun visors attached by drilling holes in a perfectly good roof (same for cab lights), step-handles bolted to the side of the cab, the goofy window visors, bent/misaligned body panels with oxidized paint, etc....

At one time, that was a beautiful brand new truck.

What happened?

[scared][confused][biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

Found On Road Dead

Fix Or Repair Daily

F****dup Old Rebuilt Dodge

Should I go on??

sure if you got something new? all in good fun. i own both chevy and ford. but ill walk before i buy a dodge. if you dont want to go far buy a mopar.

Bonfire,

The 1992-96 Ford was a good solid truck.

The new model for 1997 was a complete and utter piece of sh!t when it was brand new.

Took several years to get the bugs out of 'em again.

One observation - if I may?

I wonder if, at some point early in that truck's history, somebody spent a little too much time/money/energy attaching "bling" to it instead of performing regular maintenance or needed repairs.

I've gotten lotsa miles out of almost every vehicle I owned.

The couple of lemons I had made it very clear within 50,000 miles.

Pieces of sh!t that looked fantastic!

Lost my butt, but got rid of them in short order.

Once they're as old as yours, I'm a bit of a skeptic when I see sun visors attached by drilling holes in a perfectly good roof (same for cab lights), step-handles bolted to the side of the cab, the goofy window visors, bent/misaligned body panels with oxidized paint, etc....

At one time, that was a beautiful brand new truck.

What happened?

[scared][confused][biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

to start the story off. i got screwed hard when i bought it this spring. the person hid stuff well. suposed to get a plow set up with it didnt. then as i repaired things it just kept going. then i found out the truck sat in a hay field for three years. so i chipped away some bond i found, the radiator support is rotted. i shut the drivers side door the cab mount fell off in flakes or rot. i have left out alot of the story between myself and the person i got it from. i could have got the zakk wylde custom shop lp i was saiving for. for what i had in that truck at the time i snapped.

Archived