Gibson Brands Forums

Off to the Gun Show - WOO-HOO!!!

NeoConMan

Besides, Trijicon builds stuff NOBODY can touch.

Think of it as a Rolex for your rifle...

[biggrin][laugh][woot]

Like yer sig line by the way - I remember that...

[rolleyes]

I like Aimpoints, you get 5 years battery life on constant on anyways... I don't like the little chevron or the magnification on the Trijicon stuff. I do love their stuff, some of the best being built, and the fact they use a bible verse makes it so much better. Lotta controversy about that though...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides, Trijicon builds stuff NOBODY can touch.

Think of it as a Rolex for your rifle...

[biggrin][laugh][woot]

Like yer sig line by the way - I remember that...

[rolleyes]

indeed they do...the glass is so clear. i bought it (TA33-8) off ebay NIB for $575; it was a total steal.

as for my sig, your line is one of the best things i have ever read on an internet forum. and the beatdown you laid on him was priceless. lolz

I like Aimpoints, you get 5 years battery life on constant on anyways... I don't like the little chevron or the magnification on the Trijicon stuff. I do love their stuff, some of the best being built, and the fact they use a bible verse makes it so much better. Lotta controversy about that though...

i had an EoTech 512, but the ACOG is t*ts. After putting a Larue QD mount on it, the Eotech was sold in less than a week, The chevron is incredibly easy to use. I would rather have the horseshoe or "donut of death" but for $575, beggars can't be choosers.

i had an EoTech 512, but the ACOG is t*ts. After putting a Larue QD mount on it, the Eotech was sold in less than a week, The chevron is incredibly easy to use. I would rather have the horseshoe or "donut of death" but for $575, beggars can't be choosers.

EOTechs... eh. Have seen to many break and go down. I have personally seen 4 stop working and need serious work to get them working again. I have seen Aimpoints thrown, then put on a rifle and have a perfect zero. Is the little extra money worth it? I'd say yeah

EOTechs... eh. Have seen to many break and go down. I have personally seen 4 stop working and need serious work to get them working again. I have seen Aimpoints thrown, then put on a rifle and have a perfect zero. Is the little extra money worth it? I'd say yeah

no argument here on the ruggedness of the Aimpoints; they are THE red dots. But i preferred the EoTechs big donut reticle. Plus, i got a good deal on it...otherwise i would have gone the Aimpoint route.

no argument here on the ruggedness of the Aimpoints; they are THE red dots. But i preferred the EoTechs big donut reticle. Plus, i got a good deal on it...otherwise i would have gone the Aimpoint route.

Yeah, My dad likes the big circle and dot, I just want the dot. Yeah, some great deals to be had on EOTechs... Aimpoints? not so much :rolleyes:

Okay, I'm a computer nut, I love technology and such...

But...

When it comes to arms, I'm just as happy with a S&W model 36 or for more obvious carry, a Ruger SA. You'd be surprised what still can be done with a SA in terms of speed and accuracy; Ed McGivern could get a cyclical rate out of S&W Model 10 DAs that was right at what you'd get from the average submachine gun except with incredible accuracy.

So... <grin>

m

I love my M1 Garand! It's my favorite shooter. Mine is a Springfield with a mfg. date of July, 1944.

My second faves are my AR-15's (one 20" with A1 upper, and one 16" M4gery). I also have a Brazilian FN-FAL, that does a fine job of putting rounds on target.

I sold off most of my commie rifles. 7.62x39 is cheap, but it just isn't very interesting to me.

I also have a few handguns. I carry a Springfield Loaded 1911 daily, and have a few other pistols. My revolvers are all S&W. I'm really fond of all of them. Models 29 (.44 Magnum), 65 (.357 Magnum), and 637 (.38 Spl). The 637 is great for pocket carry, when I have to dress up a bit in clothes that won't conceal the .45 so well.

You can see the grip of my .45 in my avatar pic, behind the guitar. People used to ask me why I carry around the house. I always ask them where all home invasions occur. That usually gets me a reply like, "I never thought about it that way."

We're lucky, down around Corpus Christi. The gun show admission is $5, and parking's free. I like to go just on the off chance that I'll find something interesting. I usually end up getting ammo or reloading components. I hand load every caliber I have.

Neo, you ever buy ammo from McNett at Double-Tap Ammo? He has some good ammo at decent prices. He specializes in 10mm.

I sold off most of my commie rifles.

7.62x39 is cheap, but it just isn't very interesting to me.

Same here. All I have now is an 80's SKS, early Chinese Norinco one that my Dad bought new.

Neo, you ever buy ammo from McNett at Double-Tap Ammo? He has some good ammo at decent prices. He specializes in 10mm.

I'll look into it.

Thanks a million!

Welcome to the forum, by the way, my fellow Texan!

[thumbup]

Archived