Gibson Brands Forums

Off to the Gun Show - WOO-HOO!!!

NeoConMan

Off to the Gun Show - WOO-HOO!!!

[woot]

Actually, I'm looking for hard-to-find ammo in various calibers, and all my normal sources have played out.

Mrs. Neo is going along - so it's a date.

She usually finds something interesting while she's there - or buys beef jerky!

Being a licensed gun dealer myself, I have little reason to attend otherwise.

Can't compete on price if I'm selling, and when buying it's direct from manufacturers/distributors.

Still, it's cool to look at the newest gear and drool on the vintage stuff - like a guitar show, eh?

Y'all be cool.

Check back in tonite.

Love,

NeoConMan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.303?

.30-06 unless he got one chambered for .308

.30-06 is one of the best cartridges available, no joke. It's pricey and finding it can be hard, but man, good accurate stuff. And in case the need is there, it will stop anything!

Neo- what ammo is really hard to find nowadays? I stick to reloading...

.303? Hard to read the plate in the last pic so I can't tell

.30-06

but you can't use (most) modern loads in a Garand. Hornady makes an M1 load, but it is $$$$. I bought a spam can of Greek surplus from CMP when I ordered the rifle.

Nothing is cheap to shoot anymore...Did you see anything good at the show? There is one here in Boise this weekend, but I haven't been to a gun show in a few years..It's like,,,paying to get into a gun store...even if you don't buy..The other thing that pissed me off, the people who rent the tables seems to have the idea that anything they have is worth 25% more then anything you have...even if its the same dam thing...but it is fun to look at stuff.

Nothing is cheap to shoot anymore...Did you see anything good at the show? There is one here in Boise this weekend, but I haven't been to a gun show in a few years..It's like,,,paying to get into a gun store...even if you don't buy..The other thing that pissed me off, the people who rent the tables seems to have the idea that anything they have is worth 25% more then anything you have...even if its the same dam thing...but it is fun to look at stuff.

Ammo prices and availability are always much much higher during periods of war, hopefully it tapers back down a bit after all is said and done.

Ammo prices and availability are always much much higher during periods of war, hopefully it tapers back down a bit after all is said and done.

the prices have come down quite a bit. 7.62 Soviet can be had for $.20/round and 5.56 for $.28-.30/rd (brass).

wally world is getting good amounts of .45acp in again as well ($30/100 WWB)

the prices have come down quite a bit. 7.62 Soviet can be had for $.20/round and 5.56 for $.28-.30/rd (brass).

wally world is getting good amounts of .45acp in again as well ($30/100 WWB)

Good to hear, only shells I really buy anymore are 12 gauge target loads and steel shot loads for waterfowl, and .22 rounds for plinking and small game.

Hey Neo,

what's a new Glock model 22 going to set me back?

40 Cal. right?

One with a grip activated laser. Something I can dial in to about 50 feet.

If I may... go with the new Gen 4 Glocks, I believe they are out for the 22 now, reduced recoil and works very well with the .40, makes it feel like a 9mm. DON'T get the Gen 4 in 9mm, very poor reliability. That should be around 600. Go with Crimson Trace grips, very good stuff, about 175 for the laser I think.

Cor-Bon ammo, since I am assuming you will be using it for defensive use.

I am only 18, but I do know a lot about firearms. Just trying to share some info.

i'd stay with a generation 3; glock has had issues with the gen 4s. a glock 22/23 can be had for about $470 plus tax in my neck of the woods. if you get the discount, about $400.

Only issues with the Gen 4 has been with the 9mm. The problem is the new spring system. It makes the the felt recoil much lower, and some people already have problems with malfunctions in 9mm Glocks as it is, reducing the recoil through this new spring system hasn't helped. In .40, it has been nothing but a success. It was built and designed for a .40.

I'm not trying to start an argument, but the Gen 4 in .40 is good to go [thumbup]

and some people already have problems with malfunctions in 9mm Glocks as it is,

are you referring to previous generations? it's my understanding the issue was with the 22, as Glock hastily converted the 17 into a .40 rather than building the gun from the ground up...causing the infamous "unsupported chamber/Kaboom" argument.

Archived