Gibson Brands Forums

Off to the Gun Show - WOO-HOO!!!

NeoConMan

are you referring to previous generations? it's my understanding the issue was with the 22, as Glock hastily converted the 17 into a .40 rather than building the gun from the ground up...causing the infamous "unsupported chamber/Kaboom" argument.

Glock 19s. Because the gun is so light and they made it smaller, often times, women and people with smaller hands have problems with it jumping around and the gun will lock back. The new Gen 4 system only makes this worse.

The problem with 19s has existed in all of the Generations.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5,000? That a nice start...I have had my Remington Rand since 1976, I bought it from my cousin, he owned it since 1954, and before that it was used by the Marines in WWII...God only knows how many rounds had gone down her tube....I know I have fired 10's of thousands,,It stovepiped on me once. and that was a problem with a primer..It has the old hump and bump sites...I have actually trimmed branches off shrubs with it...I remember the first time I ever saw it, I was about 12, my dad was a cop and always packed a S&W, hated autos..He teased my cousin about packing a .45 auto, said he couldn't hit squat with it...he bet dad that he could hit a steel T-post on a fence line that was about 75 yrds away, then he did it with one shot..I wanted that gun ever since, so when I was about 25, I asked him to sell it to me and to my shock he did..for $75.00!

Hope you find something especially suited for urban warfare. If not, maybe a new sniper rifle. [laugh]

Nah, I'm in good shape there...

[rolleyes][wink] :P

Really what I need is good optics to complete the package for several of my rifles - various types.

Getting more ammo is my main goal now - found some 10mm today finally, and the price was scary!

Fenn, gotta love the Garand.

My dad (and Mrs Neo's) both get all squishy when they handle 'em.

[thumbup]

I'm an M-14 (M1-A) guy myself, but I would LOVE to have an old Garand in the collection.

Neo- what ammo is really hard to find nowadays?

I stick to reloading...

10mm is nearly impossible.

I'm not set up to reload at the NeoCon Compound - for reasons too complicated for the forum.

Lotsa friends and family do, but none have 10mm dies.

Probably gonna have to change that...

Nifty little find there, with the economy the way it is I bet there are a ton of cool rifles on the market for cheap.

Eh, the prices have moderated a bit - the hot guns are still hot.

Problem is - the prices were already creeping up until the political climate of 2007 made everything nuts.

Common handguns like Glock, Springfield, Ruger, etc are still priced decently because the competition is so fierce.

Did you see anything good at the show?

...I haven't been to a gun show in a few years..It's like,,,paying to get into a gun store...even if you don't buy..

Yeah, being a dealer myself, I haven't gone in a couple years.

$10 to park, $30 to get Mrs. Neo and myself in - $40 just to arrive...

Found some ammo, bought a little but I'm gonna just mail order now.

Cheaper than prices at the show (on PREMIUM ammo, not cheapo crap) without the stiff price of admission.

Probably be a couple years before I go to another show...

Ammo prices and availability are always much much higher during periods of war, hopefully it tapers back down a bit after all is said and done.

Jeff, commodity prices drove the price spirals before the war really had an effect. Copper, brass, lead, etc...

China was a huge part of that, buying up every raw material there is - cuz that's where everything is made now.

THEN the political stuff started the run on existing production.

I was talking to some industry folks at the NRA convention last May and it was the Perfect Storm.

They said they don't need warehouses anymore - everything they can make goes straight on the truck.

They jacked up prices to try to gauge demand, didn't matter one bit.

EVERYBODY is stockpiling ammo, even three years later.

I'm as low as my supply has been in ten years, because I refuse to buy in this market.

I really like M1A's (M-14's). I don't have one,,I do have a M-4 (223) love shooting it..great plinker..For more serious stuff, I have a .6mm Rem. built on a Mauser action, a 30-40 Krag, a Sako Vixen .222 mag.(my grand dad was a gunsmith, he built those three) and a Winchester 94 in 30 30. and a truck load of .22 rim fires and shotguns...

Remember when you could buy 30-40's all day long for nothing? Not anymore!

Hey Neo,

what's a new Glock model 22 going to set me back?

40 Cal. right?

One with a grip activated laser. Something I can dial in to about 50 feet.

Fred & Fenn are all over this one.

I like the Gen III gun just fine, save yerself a few bucks.

Down around $400 outside of California - you live in a "special" place, so just shop on price.

If CA allows you to purchase factory refurbished guns or police trade-ins, you can save big.

Still, that New Gun Smell is nice, eh?

Should be able to do it for $500 easy.

22 is very common, and would be my recommendation for sure - with 135 grain Cor-Bon for defensive use.

Use any good quality practice ammo as long as it is a FMJ round.

Lead-fouling may raise chamber pressures pretty quick - 40 already operates at very high pressures to begin with.

Too cheap means sh!t powder, belching flames, lotsa smoke, and a filthy gun. Spend the extra $5...

Laser?

Again, just shop on price.

Particular models, I would have to research.

Glock armorers tell me to avoid the LaserMax that replaces the guide rod under the barrel.

I own no lasers myself, only good quality night sights by Trijicon.

I really like M1A's (M-14's).

To paraphrase Chuck Heston, that's my Cold, Dead Hands gun.

Match barrel, match trigger, etc.

Needs a Trijicon ACOG optic, and I'm set.

(Costs about the same as a Les Paul Studio... plus the mount is another coupla hundred...)

[scared]

To paraphrase Chuck Heston, that's my Cold, Dead Hands gun.

Match barrel, match trigger, etc.

Needs a Trijicon ACOG optic, and I'm set.

(Costs about the same as a Les Paul Studio... plus the mount is another coupla hundred...)

[scared]

like this one? ;)

complete with Bible verse

IMG00060-20100623-0835.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

Eh, the prices have moderated a bit - the hot guns are still hot.

Problem is - the prices were already creeping up until the political climate of 2007 made everything nuts.

Common handguns like Glock, Springfield, Ruger, etc are still priced decently because the competition is so fierce.

I was mainly talking about the used gun market from private sellers on this one. That's rather crappy about China snatching up all the brass etc. I prefer my ammo being a reasonable price.

like this one? ;)

complete with Bible verse

Damn straight.

[thumbup] B) =D>

Can you Guess which Rocket Launcher I'm holding?

No.

I got no experience with anything explosive - not bigger than fireworks anyway.

Seen some of that stuff in museums or at curio displays - that's IT.

Seriously.

I don't own ANYTHING like that.

Nothing.

Have I made myself clear?

[blink] :huh: [-X B)

Damn straight.

[thumbup] B) =D>

John 1:7 to be exact:

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

What a great verse to put on a combat optic. I love it. And I'm not religious.

John 1:7 to be exact:

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

What a great verse to put on a combat optic. I love it. And I'm not religious.

[blink]

*Says something Homz would* K

What's this in the post above? ^^^^^^^^^^

Somebody sh!tting in my thread with absolutely nothing to wipe with?

... Shotgun News ... Gunbroker, like eBay for guns [thumbup]

Fred, my hat is off to you for so effortlessly displaying an understanding of the gun stuff.

All that web-surfing pay off, or do you hang with the crowd who can afford cool hobbies?

SOME of you young guys are alright!!! [thumbup]

If you're ever in Arizona, we'll go shoot at some rocks in the desert, eh?

(Odds are slim I'll be in Illinois again any time soon...)

What's this in the post above? ^^^^^^^^^^

Somebody sh!tting in my thread with absolutely nothing to wipe with?

Fred, my hat is off to you for so effortlessly displaying an understanding of the gun stuff.

All that web-surfing pay off, or do you hang with the crowd who can afford cool hobbies?

SOME of you young guys are alright!!! [thumbup]

If you're ever in Arizona, we'll go shoot at some rocks in the desert, eh?

(Odds are slim I'll be in Illinois again any time soon...)

PM sent Neo [thumbup]

Archived