Gibson Brands Forums

How good are '58, '59 and '60 reissue LP

Nic LP

I'm just wondering if it's still worth it the pay extra bucks for a R8, R9 or R0 compare to, say a Traditionnal. I mean, with the kind of quality Gibson came out with since a few years, with the Standard and the Traditionnal, with crazy flame tops and everything. So, I'm not sure anymore if I want to put like 4 or 5k$ in a guitar. I was looking at superb Traditional the other day in light burst, the guitar was amazing. Even my girlfriend thought the thing was nice ( she doesn't play music at all ). Could have it for 2 100$ canadian dollars + sales tax. A deal !!!!!, compare to a custom shop LP.

I guess the R8-R9-R0 guys wont agree with me, but I just don't know how it is possible to make a better looking and sounding guitar than the actual top ''current models'' ( Standard and Traditional ), ... or it is ?

I have walked into Guitar stores all over NYC and found NO @ 335 or LESPAULS for that matter sound a like.

It seemsd you have to walk around playing different ones till ya get that onein your hand that say LETS JAM to your fingers.

I used to order guitars as part of the ELITE 150 when my band was GIBSON BACKED. but now that I must ordfer naad take what;s avaiulable now I know to go to several stores and try then out ande keep trying them till ya find that SPECIAL ONE !@!

AND they do exsist !!!

Same thing with an amp once ya get your ax take YOUR AX to a store and plaug it into several differnet amp you are considering already n-modded so you know what it will really sound like leter enad even then remember most stores are acoustically well built and your house is not so kee that in mind'Thatl;s why when I try an am I come at 11 am when they first op0en and go in the acoustic room and turn it up to 7,......

I need to know where it breaks up and saturates the tubes,,,,,etc etc.

Anydecision you make may COST ya so take your time byuy a few 20.00 books before a few 600.00 amps then narrow it down and you';lll find your way tooa GIBSON TUBE AMP If you have any aspirationsof playing professional.

St james

LOOK ATHE QUESTIONS BY DEEEMOIN and the anser is YES TO ALL

i think what hes trying to say apples to apples are the historics really worth more> i say yes why? aged woods that are probably better selected as tone woods> more expensive bridge, electronics. research and developement of remanufacturing parts of yester-year and following a certain spec(att to detail)> wood headstock veneer> better inlays> tuners i believe are different> among other things>so yes they are probably worth more in that respect> sound wise i cant say because ive picked up R9s and r7s ive hated> and others ive played im like oh man i have to come up with 5000 quick lol> usually the nice ones dont last long at the store

Archived