Gibson Brands Forums

i have an audition.

Diego the guy

Diego, practice, practice, practice... I'm only on my laptop speaker, so I can't hear the bass much, but it seems that the hardest thing is the timing, and you can get that. Work on it and you'll do great!! Don't drink caffeine right before b/c you'll be too anxious. Breathe, relax, go in there with the confidence you know the piece and do your best!!!!!!! Give it your all and you'll be satisfied with it, no matter the outcome. Oh.......... and HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [biggrin][biggrin][thumbup][thumbup] Let us know how it went!

well see how this all happens tomorrow. for now practice is a must! i havnt practiced the last measure and i need to! im in honors band so i have to perform only my best! same with playing the tuba. thanks everyone.

jazz is all bout the feel [thumbup]

and my thread will never die joaquin! never [flapper]

well see how this all happens tomorrow. for now practice is a must! i havnt practiced the last measure and i need to! im in honors band so i have to perform only my best! same with playing the tuba. thanks everyone.

jazz is all bout the feel [thumbup]

and my thread will never die joaquin! never [flapper]

Good Luck and enjoy !! There is a latin clave going on here which is great to feel....good to see you play Tuba too, opens up a whole world of music...You Will Always Have a Job.....

It may help to listen to the piece a lot, to the point where you hear the next part of the song in your head before you play it. Stuff that's hard to count out and nail becomes a lot easier to do if you can "feel" it almost by instinct. Practice of course, is what you need to make the bridge between hearing it in your head and having it come out your fingers.

Memorizing a piece of music is a skill, just like playing music is a skill. They go together, and it's great that you're developing them both at a relatively young age. No matter what happens, you'll be better for having gone after it. [thumbup]

Congratulations on the bass "Why Not" audition. The tuba "...Rainbow" deal is just something a kid your age has to endure sometimes. Enjoy Chicago!

haha, was kidding bout the rainbow thing.

2,000 people and you're 14? Wear some Depends.

YEAH man its nerve recking when you think about. 4,000 high class eyes staring at you. brrr [unsure]

Archived