Gibson Brands Forums

Counterfeit Site

simba

Hey all,

I'm sure a lot of you are already aware, and I'm not sure if there is another thread about this, but I didn't see one when I searched.

There is a site called *********, and it is a verified counterfeit dealing Chinese *** f@#k. All I know is I saw this site when I was researching for my guitars, and I don't want anyone to deal with this bull crap :)

From ripoffreport.com:

"Submitted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010

********.com is the web site of a Chinese front company that pretends to be selling Epiphone guitars, and they try to appear as though they are a USA-based company. What they are actually selling are very poorly constructed counterfeits. They use photos gleaned from the internet to make it appear that what they are selling are the real thing, but all their guitars are just junk copies. I made the mistake of purchasing one of their guitars. It arrived at my doorstep with Chinese mailing stamps all over it, and upon opening it, it was quickly apparent that the guitar was a cheesy fake. Bad paint job, cheesy hardware, poor construction, and counterfeit "Grover" tuners. It was so bad as to give copies a bad name. When I e-mailed the company to complain, they assured me that if I "returned" it I would receive a refund. They lied. I sent the guitar to the address they provided, and of course never heard from ****** again. I contacted PayPal to file a dispute, and of course PayPal washed their hands of it immediately, leaving me holding the bag. Don't ever expect any help from PayPal on an international scam. So I was left with no refund and no guitar. ****** is simply another dishonest bunch of unscrupulous Chinese rip-off artists capitalizing on the popularity of the Epiphone brand name. The PayPal account for ****** belongs to one Guoqiang Chen, who apparently makes his money by lying and stealing from anyone he can. Avoid ******** unless you too want to end up burned by a dishonest Chinese shark."

Simba, I know you're new here and we all really appreciate you trying to warn us, but the mods usually view this as unacceptable round here. I know you are just trying to warn us, but they just don't like it. I did this once, and my post got blocked and the thread shut down. I think it's to avoid reverse spam like "OH DON'T EVER GO TO _______ SITE" with the object of getting people to follow the link and see the product. We all agree that sites like the one you found are illegal and unethical, but it's kind of taboo to post a link to them here, as far as I know. FYI

What they said, what they said!!!! Change thread title, REMOVING NAME

of site, then delete all text in your original post and replace with "angry face".

The Admin/Mod folks HATE to see the names of "Makee-Fakee" websites posted

here. As MB and Pete said, it inadvertantly encourages some to "go and see".

Posts with Makee-Fakee site names are "spirited away" to AREA 51, never to be seen

again.

A couple of years ago I deliberately emailed one of these sites (when I had a

different service provider)and asked the USUAL "Stoopid" questions expected from

a buyer about to be foolish enough to make a purchase.....

What about protective packaging?

How do you ship?

How long?

Had response within 24 hours (in Engrish, even). I replied back, stating that I

was no longer interested as I was concerned about excessive Opium use by workers,

and could not in good faith order from a country that stir-fries and eats CATS...

NEVER heard from them again! [biggrin]

Appreciate your trying to warn us. We KNOW about them, believe me!

I've said this before many times: I really don't think that anyone with half a brain is ever going to go to one of the Chinese sites and ACCIDENTALLY purchase a guitar thinking it is the genuine article!

I do believe that plenty of players by these fakes ON PURPOSE, however. Whether it's because they are just that hot for a particular name on a headstock or because they intend to resell directly to someone else representing it as genuine (these are the REAL criminals INHO), they are doing it intentionally. That's what keeps these manufacturers in business ... just like the factories producing everthing from Rolex watches to Luis Vuton purses. There will always be a market for something that looks like the real thing (at least close) at a fraction of the real price.

That being said, we don't have to help the pri*ks advertise here, do we?

Jim

That being said, we don't have to help the pri*ks advertise here, do we?

Jim

ummm i'm not advertising sir. my intention was to help people out; clearly, it wasn't taken well and i regret ever trying to do something nice.

[-X

Simba,

Thanks for the warning!

Kinda gettin' a feeling for how things are done around here?

(We all went through it.)

Post what ever you like. If it turns out bad...don't do it again.

If it turns out good.....Keep it commin'!

It's a forum.

We're here because we care, it is fun, and we can all learn from each other.

Let's see if midi is right (again)

Willy

Archived