Gibson Brands Forums

N(B)GD with PICS!!!!

Silenced Fred

bass is for people who can't play guitar [-(

Gary Moore plays guitar because he sucks at bass.

For real, its fun, I've been playing for the last hour (plugging it into my Line 6 guitar amp, I know I need to get a bass amp. I kind of hope I fry this one so I have an excuse to buy another amp when I talk to my parents [flapper] )

Pictures will go up tonight

I can't help but stare at that sweet blanket.

I like the finish. Did that strap come with it or is that yours?

Hahaha I love that blanket too, it is sweet isn't it?

Nah, its my strap. It's a good looking bass. I really want a Jazz Bass, but for the money, it couldn't be beat

That's understandable. My friend got a squire j-bass and it's cool but for the same price the ibanez is much higher quality. My favorite basses are Höfners and Jazz Basses. Oh yeah and how could I forget my favorite bass of all... The Rickenbacker

Yeah, I like it. I prefer the j-bass, but I wasn't gonna get the squier... I really want to buy an Am. Std. Jazz Bass so bad

Thats an Ibanez Sound Gear??? I dont remember them looking like that! Thats a really nice bass, man. Are those Rockfield pickups? They are huge. I like it.

This is what I think of when I hear Sound Gear - Yours is much nicer. Darn good buy!

SR300FM-51J.jpg

They have come quite a ways huh? The back is kind of scratched up, but who the hell cares? The pickups say Ibanez on them. I'm just gonna use this for laying down tracks, and maybe gig with it.

While I was looking for my Tele on craislist I stumbled upon a beautiful 3 tone sunburst American Standard Jazz bass for like $300. The guy put EMGs in it but I was thinking that's a plus because I'll get the original pickups and some spares. It also had that tuner on the low e where you flip the lever and it drops down to d instantly. It was a sweeeet bass. I would have picked it up for sure but the guy never answered my email. I guess it sold quick.

I think you made a good move. Besides if you want to upgrade in the future you can always trade this bass towards a new one or just sell it.

While I was looking for my Tele on craislist I stumbled upon a beautiful 3 tone sunburst American Standard Jazz bass for like $300. The guy put EMGs in it but I was thinking that's a plus because I'll get the original pickups and some spares. It also had that tuner on the low e where you flip the lever and it drops down to d instantly. It was a sweeeet bass. I would have picked it up for sure but the guy never answered my email. I guess it sold quick.

I think you made a good move. Besides if you want to upgrade in the future you can always trade this bass towards a new one or just sell it.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna keep it, even if I do upgrade later. I mean, all I really want is an LP Jr, tele and a semi hollow with P90s.

Your friend's sister played that?? I mean, how goth is she? LOL...

LOL she had her parents buy her a drum set, nice Pearl set, tons of cymbals, it collects dust. Her parents bought her this bass (its an SRX590 in case anyone is wondering, they sell for 500 new) picked it up twice. collected dust.

Her brother (my friend) plays guitar and would pick up the bass occasionally, but it didn't get used. I used to have a crush on her... she did go through an emo phase, that's what ruined it for me

Archived