Gibson Brands Forums

In estrus...

NeoConMan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best dogs I ever owned were mutts. If you know your dogs, 5 minutes in a pen with a litter, and you can pick the one(s) with the best personality.

I've had pure breds. Only the collie was any count. The rest are so full of back-breeding issues, usually skittish. I know, I know, AKC is supposed to prevent close back-breeding, but from what I've seen, it happens often.

I lost my last mutt last Jan 1. If I ever get another dog, it'll come from a shelter. I know she/he won't care about my breeding, and I don't care about hers. I just need 5 minutes to see if we are compatible.

I have a Jack Russell and a Toy Fox terrier so kinda pure bred mutts. My Jack Russell was in three homes before I got him at four months. They all couldn't control him at all he was so wired it was scary. I wasn't sure who was gonna survive his first few months Me or Him then he finally learned he wasn't the alpha and was never gonna win a battle with me and now were inseparable he's the best dog and friend i've ever had. He turned 16 in September so he's getting creaky and slow now but he still whip's the neighbors german shepherd a couple times a year. Although he just had to have three teeth (the dreaded terrier teeth) pulled so maybe he won't be quiet so tough now.

Funny how loyal and odd our dogs can be though, Webster does not like my wife Diane at all and shows it daily, he won't even acknowledge when she comes into the room unless she has food other than that they totally ignore each other she never has liked dogs period especially him and he returns it in spades. I actually have to get involved several times every weekend when they have a disagreement he stands and growls at her and won't move out of her way and he get in her seat anytime she moves from the couch or a chair and he won't leave until I tell him to move it.

I can't imagine what it's gonna be like when he passes I spend about 20 hours a day with him share every meal and talk more to him than everyone else put together.

No donkeys in his blood line, just got to wonder why you would say that anyways?

Definitely joking. I was referring to the ears proudly standing tall. I tease my dog about having donkey ears too. She does have a stubborn side to her as well.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Archived