Gibson Brands Forums

Taylor T3

bobrollar

I had a T5 Standard for awhile and enjoyed it. Very playable and quite the variety of sounds. I have been a Taylor lover since I got my first Taylor (612C) back in 1993. Being a noob to electric, I don't think I gave the T5 enough of a chance back then. I had a crapppy electric amp and an awesome acoustic amp. I really enjoyed the guitar through the acoustic amp, but not through my SS electric amp so I ended up trading the T5 straight up for a Gibson Advanced Jumbo acoustic which I still have. It is the guitar that brought me into the Gibson fold and now I own 3 Gibbys! (The AJ, a 1964 LG1 and my 1979 Gibson "The Paul" electric. Now that I have a killer tube amp to play through, I would love to get another T5 and use an A/B/Y box to run through both amps. It would be a killer setup.

I have been looking also. Can not decide T3 or T5.

unless you want new... Ebay has some for less cash.

Although it makes me wonder why so many? Economy,

Trading up for a Gibson, not the tone they wanted etc?

I am waiting for a road trip so I can put my hands on one.

I played the T5 at GC last week. The only drawback I saw is it must be played through an amplifier. Sounds empty acoustically, but I guess it is supposed to be that way.

Saw a TV special a couple months ago with Night Ranger playing T5's. Sounded awesome.

Archived