Gibson Brands Forums

Our cover of The Who.

EuroAussie

Well, actually its more the Limp Bizkit arrangement of Behind Blue Eyes.

We had a bit of fun with this track this week and felt this is a good cover to be played in bars / pubs.

Some info about the recording.

We did it as a three track, the vocals seperate while with the guitar I originally recorded the whole track on my Gibson SWD as a single take.

But i felt there wasnt enough sparkle in the verse arpeggio picking. So i doubled with my Furch OM on top, which is a mahogany guitar, much brighter.

This gave it a lovelly balanced, rich tone much reminsicent of a 12string. The chorus is just the SWD.

Please have a listen and let me know your thoughts, does the two guitars dobuled up also work for you ?

http://www.reverbnation.com/taylorprague

cheers.

Alright.

I have to be honest with you. And I am always direct in reviewing someone's work. So here it is.

-How was the guitar? Right on the money, played with feeling and was spot on.

-Vocals? Tops, your vocals had a lot of expression and clarity and that's what singing is all about.

-How was the song covered? Excellent.

-Talented? Yes no doubt.

You know it was one of the few, that I listened to more than once here. Expression in both a guitar piece and a vocal is getting harder to find now a days. Thanks for posting that and please post more.

Don Carlos - thank you for your clear and open feedback, much appreciated and its great to hear you enjoyed it!

Gillian Girl - wow, repeat listen is the ultimate compliment, thank you !

Big K - yes, we are starting to get a list together, we should start gigging next month, have about 10 in the bag, still need to lay down anoher 10 for a decent set. Thank you for your support and comments!

EuroAussie. Nice cover, very well done. The first song I learned on an acoustic.

Thanks a lot AJ, yes we still keep stealing from your set list ! Nice song to learn as a first up on an acoustic for sure ! I cant remember what i learned first, but i remember practicing on the acoustic the opening riff to Metallicas Sanitarium a lot back in the day ! :-)

Actually, i think first song was Nutshell by Alice in Chains !

cheers.

EuroAussie:

You guys are making steady progress together. You picked a good tune and did a good job on it. Now work on (similar song), "A Heartache Following Me" from Pete's solo album of years past and you'll be set with WHO slows. [thumbup]

Steve

EuroAussie:

You guys are making steady progress together. You picked a good tune and did a good job on it. Now work on (similar song), "A Heartache Following Me" from Pete's solo album of years past and you'll be set with WHO slows. [thumbup]

Steve

Thanks a lot Hall for your feedback. I actually tried to youtube 'a heartache folllowing me' but i only get the Jim Reeves version of it ... so im a little bit lost as would love to have a go at Pete's versio as suggested ..

cheers,

Mark

Archived