Gibson Brands Forums

pawnshops - best guitar stores in NYC

cosmitron

Hi guys!

I'm having such a great time in NYC I almost forgot to check guitars stores. (Well I already visited Guitar Center and Samash (which was, btw quite disapointing) Any advices adresses etc would be so much appreciated. (I would particulary like to find used gear)

Thanks!

My girl was there anytime :D

GAS had some hard times.

The first day I went into GC Manhattan was like say Christmas... I've spotted a little DC special at only 549$!

But you know, tourism thing took a large place. First time in US, first time in NYC. There are so many reasons to lose my way to the G(uitar)AS. But I can be stubborn and finally I went back to GC on the last days of my trip to take the LP DC that was supposedly waiting for my cash. But the guitar was sold. Then I saw her, humbly waiting in her white distressed dress. This cute little LP Studio '50 tribute something.

The seller, who spoke a very good French, plugged it into a tiny blues Junior and I was sold! And so the LP tribute. :)

I was chasing a white SG custom, had a crush for a LP Special DC, and finally came home with an unexpected mixture of both, or sort of. :rolleyes:

here's a pic (taken a few hours after I bought it in my appt in Harlem ^^)

p1010076l.jpg

Man I've been GASing pretty hard for a TV Yellow double cut LP Special. I think it all started with this Strokes poster in my old bands studio. Then I played some and I love the sound. And now I want one really bad.

Those 50's tributes are pretty sweet. I haven't seen a white one.

Sounds like it was a fun trip though. What did you guys do?

Archived