Gibson Brands Forums

Every guitar player should have one of these

jaxson50

I actually have seen the aftermath at a class I was taking last year there was a god awful noise in the back of the room and it was the saw stop - The girl in this case had a very small cut probably well under a 16th of a inch on her index finger and a badly broken finger nail (she ran the end of her index finger into the blade)and that was it. The table saw however was not so lucky it ruined the blade, the saw stop and bent a shaft all in all doing about 300 dollars worth of damage.

Small price to pay for a hand and a real lesson for the lady that did it. the only thing that surprised me was the sound it was unbelievable loud and sounded like a car accident or something. I would definitely add it to a table saw if I had one.

I wonder who was the first to try this out?

i work in the furniture business and guys losing digits is a 1-2 time a year thing (not per person i mean across the board [biggrin]) lucky for me i chose the finishing side of the process i.e sanding/spraying...the manufacturing part is something i stay well clear of #-o

My uncle was a cabinet maker, he ran his hand through a table saw, they saved his hands and fingers but they never were the same...I avoid table saws and routers as much as possible...

When I do a home repair project I just call the ER ahead of time and make a reservation!

I hope the industry embraces that technology, but I kinda have my doubts it will across the board. My father in law used to work in a cabinet shop and one of the first things they did was remove the safety guards because they said the guards "slowed things down."

Of course, so does a trip to the ER.

Archived