Gibson Brands Forums

Monitronics Home Security SUCKS!

NeoConMan

I've used Monitronics for 7 years now at the NeoCon Compound.

The reasons I use a monitored alarm system are manifold, mostly for the Mrs.' peace of mind.

Not much money, and it makes her feel better when I'm gone overnight.

Also gives the police a heads-up that an intruder is about to be shot, helps cover my liability.

Insurance is cheaper on the place too.

Anyhow, the local alarm company I went through was a small operation with great people.

Always answered their phone if I had questions.

Helped me immensely when we built the new place a few years ago, and also monitored my rental.

They were a Monitronics dealer, so that's who the service contract was with.

Last year I found out the local company had closed up - medical issues with the owner.

I couldn't get in touch with ANYBODY to tell me where my monthly bank charge was going.

Screw it, I set off the alarm and waited for somebody to call me - if anybody would at all.

Yep, Monitronics at my service.

Gave them the pass code to ensure I was not a Bad Guy, and asked for Customer Service.

(There is no such thing as Customer Service in the United States anymore . . . )

Things went downhill from there.[cursing]

My service contract (with Monitronics) went to another dealer 100 miles away.

Okay, so I needed new yard signs with the new number, and Monitronics wanted to charge me $50 for them . . .

I don't think so - (it's in their contract) - and I'm transfered, placed on hold, transfered,

repeating my story 15 times, placed on hold again . . .

Finally assured that everything has been taken care of.

[-(+:-@

A couple months ago, I was on the phone raising hell with them because I had still not received

my FREE yard signs.

The doorbell rings - it's the police.

Monitronics told them that there was an intrusion alarm.

[cursing][cursing][cursing][crying][cursing][blink][cursing]

I'm ON THE PHONE with them, and finally somebody says "It looks like you gave the wrong pass code."

How can that be? It's MY pass code!

I show the cops my ID, thank them for coming out (while still on the phone) and offer them a soda.

They smiled at my predicament and left, so it was back to Customer Service.

I told them to terminate me immediately, they said I still have a contract thru the end of 2010.

I pointed out that my attorney would probably find any contract null and void with their negligence.

Mrs. Neo said to just let it ride until the end of the year - so I did.

Bastards.

Now that I went with somebody new, the fun REALLY started with Monitronics.

I have to write them a letter of termination to end the contract that is ending anyway.

Otherwise, they keep billing me.

Told them they could write it down while I was on the phone with them, that's as far as I was going.

They insisted on a letter.

I told them that the bank draft would be blocked this afternoon.

They said they would bill me.

I told them my attorney would be billing them.

They finally decided enough was enough and we're done.

I do NOT recommend them.

I feel sorry that this has happened to you NeoConMan.......Nothing can do or say.......And since their is nothing funny about your situation, I have no witty comments to make......

I am sure that you will sue them and win.......I've been working on a legitimate lawsuit myself for a while; I will win, and will be able to buy a new home; I'll be sure not to use that security company !!!

But that has nothing to do with the tea in china.....

Just saying that it is not cool what you are dealing with, and although I can't feel your pain, I sure do understand it.......

I hear ya.

Yeah, like I put in the title here, I don't know if any other companies are any better.

They want to bedazzle you with gadgets and gizmos, cameras, smoke detectors, fire alarms, remote control...

Can I just pay somebody a nominal fee for reliable monitoring?

I'll handle the rest myself.

:rolleyes:

Yeah I love the Brinks commercials where they cgi some blue lasers throughout your house and around your windows.. or the viper car alarm where the potential thief sees a holographic looking snake as he approaches the glass. All I want is my possessions to be safe while I'm away from home.

This is no joke, Smith & Wesson is now in the home security company...I thought it was a joke...you know like the bumper sticker that says "security by Smith & Wesson"..but look them up online...they do have electronic 24/7 security..I have no idea how good they are...

...The doorbell rings - it's the police.

Monitronics told them that there was an intrusion alarm.

I'm ON THE PHONE with them, and finally somebody says "It looks like you gave the wrong pass code."

That's one way to get even with irate customers. [flapper]

Now that I went with somebody new, the fun REALLY started with Monitronics.

I have to write them a letter of termination to end the contract that is ending anyway.

Otherwise, they keep billing me.

Told them they could write it down while I was on the phone with them, that's as far as I was going.

They insisted on a letter.

I told them that the bank draft would be blocked this afternoon.

They said they would bill me.

I told them my attorney would be billing them.

They finally decided enough was enough and we're done.

That's IS the only way to shut them off. Shut off the flow of cash. You CAN do it. My son had a problem with an auto insurance company. They kept over charging him. So, he got a new company, disabled the auto transfer THEN called the old company to cancel on the day the payment transfer was due. While he is on the phone canceling, the nitwit on the other end said that they'd already charged him for next month. (My son was on the 'net checking his bank transactions at the time. He knew different). He said, "No, I've unapproved your transfers". The nitwit said, "Your payment was charged this morn.. wait... it didn't go through. Let me try (to put through a charge)that again." [cursing] The old company tried to charge him AFTER he was told "No More!" Nope, it didn't go through.

Archived