Gibson Brands Forums

From Frank Zappa to......

Rocky4

Tom and Bruce Fowler, sons of Dr. Bill Fowler played with Zappa on many albums and tours. Tom played bass Bruce played trombone, Bruce is the father of Rhea Fowler bass player for The Naturals. Bill Fowler was the director of the Jazz department at the school of music at the U of U.

18 users on and 20 minutes have gone by. Not one of ya checked out a Zappa thread. Shame!

My excuse is it was posted at 11 minutes past 1 in the morning. I was in the Land of Nod......

Sorry.

That clip reminds me of just how truly disposable a lot of the music from that era was. Thanks for posting!

P.

I owned that Missing Persons record. It wasn't bad really. The songs were catchy and well made. She was totally hot and kinda punky. Just what I needed at the time. In fact I vividly remember buying that record and The Clash's Combat Rock on the same night and taking them to a girl's house where they got played over and over again. In hindsight maybe that's why I remember the record fondly...

I believe The Clash, Concrete Blonde, Aimee Mann, Cowboy Junkies, INXS, Tom Petty, Judas Priest, etc. (plus some good punk) were releasing albums at the same time, but relatively speaking, pickins were a lot slimmer.

Archived