Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall Class 5

bluesguitar65

Wow the hell with the Marshall5 what the hell in under the vinyl in the back ground? I saw like 15 effects boxes and a lil fender and loads of guitars. Damn thats like Disney for adults....

Hhahahhaha!!! Yea, I got a couple of Marshall stacks that I have covered, JCM 800s, 2000, JMPs, and vintage moderns and other pedals guitar laying around my make shift music room, which is a guest house at the back of the main house. Everyone is happy around the house when I'm away from the house [flapper]

Great thread, great playing, great amp...It's nice that Gibson has produced an affordable 5 watt tube amp....It is on my wish list.

The GA-5 is discontinued. When they were first introduced in 2006, they were $999. Two years later they were on clearance and were selling for at least $250. I got it for that price from MF two years ago. I ordered two for that price and still have the second one sealed in the original shipping box.

The GA-5 is discontinued. When they were first introduced in 2006, they were $999. Two years later they were on clearance and were selling for at least $250. I got it for that price from MF two years ago. I ordered two for that price and still have the second one sealed in the original shipping box.

Ah, ..I was refering to the new Marshall Class 5 tube amp being sold at MF for $399.00....Did you show us both amps or just the GA-5 ? Anyways, this does bring up an interesting question; MF was selling the GA-5 for 999, then let them all go for so much less. I understand the price markups a bit, but it suprises me how little that they can sell discounted 'things' and still make a profit. I have learned a lot lately about some pricing policies, but I am not supposed to talk about them online, and I try hard to follow the rules out of respect.....Once again, thankyou for the thread(s), and thanks for posting your music and links....I'm in Portland and the blues is alive and well here; but it is always nice to hear the blues in a, if I may, a more purest style.....

Great thread, great playing, great amp...It's nice that Gibson has produced an affordable 5 watt tube amp....It is on my wish list.

Ah, ..I was refering to the new Marshall Class 5 tube amp being sold at MF for $399.00....Did you show us both amps or just the GA-5 ? Anyways, this does bring up an interesting question; MF was selling the GA-5 for 999, then let them all go for so much less. I understand the price markups a bit, but it suprises me how little that they can sell discounted 'things' and still make a profit. I have learned a lot lately about some pricing policies, but I am not supposed to talk about them online, and I try hard to follow the rules out of respect.....Once again, thankyou for the thread(s), and thanks for posting your music and links....I'm in Portland and the blues is alive and well here; but it is always nice to hear the blues in a, if I may, a more purest style.....

Hey what does it matter? Both are very cool little amps, the Class 5 and the GA5......The Fender Champion 600 is not bad either

LOL!! I guess I'm getting ahead of myself. The second video was on the GA-5. Thanks [flapper]

Archived