Gibson Brands Forums

REALLY?!?!?!

lazarusvt84

Only in the USA....it's still alive in the underground scene. Hidden from the corporate aa$$hole record execs that just want to market pre-packaged garbage (Rap / hip hop and pop).

I hear ya, but at some point rock n roll has to step up.... It's been getting its butt kicked since 1994

I hear ya, but at some point rock n roll has to step up.... It's been getting its butt kicked since 1994

I blame MTV....I could say something really mean and messed up but I won't.

Rock won't go down w/out a fight. Think about it. Rolling Stones (even though I don't like them), Beatles, Elvis, Metallica, Jimi Hendrix, Aerosmith, KISS (to name a few) all continue to tour, record, sell merch....make $ (even in death). They have all been around for a while. Rock has staying power. Something pop and rap people simply do not have. How many 1 hit wonders were real rock bands? Probably a very small percentage. Madonna is a walking punchline, Ice Cube makes family movies, Britney Spears is tabloid trash.....need I say more?

two smoking p-90's and a Ebony fret bored.

Coupla cans of Krylon will set you back another ten bucks.

Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Duane's right about rock n roll.

I got outta high school in 1983 and I remember the sh!t that was on the radio that year.

Men at Work?

Michael Jackson

The Police were suckin' by then...

Prince

Eurythmics

Duran Duran

What a difference a year makes, eh?

Fast forward to the last decade - what sells records?

I mean, Nickelback is okay but...

Hey, they're making money in the industry [almost said making music, but I can't go that far] and I sure as hell ain't. Got to at least give 'em credit for that. Sadly it's way more about marketing than it is talent.

I would have to agree that warranting a signature guitar is just an insult to all the great guitarists that have signature guitars and even moreso to all the great guitarists that never made it.

I blame MTV....I could say something really mean and messed up but I won't.

Rock won't go down w/out a fight. Think about it. Rolling Stones (even though I don't like them), Beatles, Elvis, Metallica, Jimi Hendrix, Aerosmith, KISS (to name a few) all continue to tour, record, sell merch....make $ (even in death). They have all been around for a while. Rock has staying power. Something pop and rap people simply do not have. How many 1 hit wonders were real rock bands? Probably a very small percentage. Madonna is a walking punchline, Ice Cube makes family movies, Britney Spears is tabloid trash.....need I say more?

Pretty funny stuff...

The only thing that makes me excited about playing guitar these days is listening to forum members playing thier music here and on MLP.... Twenty years ago, I would have thought it to be absurd.

I think it is stupid that they did a jonas brothers sig. But I think it has cool specs, but the first thing I would do is sand that puppy down to paint, I like duane's suggestion of the tobacco burst, even TV yellow would look cool to me.

I think it was stupid they did a bilie joe armstrong sig as well, but both are affordable.

If they were $3000 then it would be outrageous.

But Rock and Roll IS dying, rap and hip hop is taking over which is sad because I only like the older stuff. Newer rap and hip hop is stupid to me, but thank god they don't play guitar.

I think the purpose of getting a signature guitar, is taking a great model, and modifying it to where it has never been available before.

I think BB King made the best one, a solid body 335 so there wasn't as much feedback when you add overdrive.

Most people now days are taking existing guitars, and doing little to nothing to them, which is stupid IMHO.

I would buy it if it came with a Jonas brothers signature "promise ring"

Exactly. When it becomes too sanitized and wholesome it ain't rock. Like a fake Gibson. It may say Gibson on the headstock, but it ain't a Gibson inside. My other problem is their whole save myself until marriage message. I have no problem with remaining a virgin because it is their life, but don't turn around and write a whole album about that itch you cannot scratch.

If you are cutting yourself with a razor don't complain about how you are bleeding.

You guys make me sick. dry.gif

I just posted this on the page for it on Gibson's website:

"So I guess Gibson ran out of artists to make signature guitars for and now they just take any random loser off the street, like the jonas losers for example. These guys have no real talent what so ever. They can play some chords, so what? When they get real skill and figure out what real music is, then they can have a signature guitar. I would love it if one of you people that actually support and enjoy their trash they call music, would show me one song, thats right one song, where they portray real musical talent! Go on I dare you! Show me that they have talent even compares, even on the most minuscule level to real guitarists like Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Slash, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, etc. The list goes on into the hundreds of great guitarists who I know for a fact, are better then the jonas losers."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDW6vkuqGLg

I'm starting to feel like a broken record but......

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T BUY IT

msp_glare.gif

there are a number of recent models Gibson has produced that I don't care for.

I have stated my distaste for these, and thats that.

I don't go on whining and crying or bashing other musicians about their beliefs or positions on certain subjects.

for what it is, it's a good setup, with visually unpleasant graphics.

a good refinish, and Bob's your uncle.

get over it, Gibson is going to put out stuff Die Hard fans don't like.

Archived