Gibson Brands Forums

just pre-ordered malmsteens new album

S t e v e

That guy plays way too many notes. [flapper]

I agree. When I first listened to him, I thought it was cool that he shredded all these classical songs, but now it's like "can you go a whole song without shredding?" Most shredders are that way. It's like, "can you play a solo with no 32nd notes?" Buckethead, Lane, and Gilbert stand out among the shredders. They are more versatile and dont HAVE to shred. If you take a YouTube video of all the shredders, Buckethead's 8 finger technique will really stand out.

The dude can simply play. Too many notes?? Who cares? I haven't heard anyone seriously complain that BB King doesn't play enough notes. Jealousy is a he#$ of a drug... I mean, a thang... #-o

+1 [thumbup]

album was despatched today so should have it soon [biggrin]

It wasn't a direct on you, Shred. Many peeps have said this and rag on him.... I mean no discord. You're ok in my book despite what Duane, Neo, and dem00n have been pm'ing me about... [laugh]

yea i knew you wasn't digging at shred thats why i quoted you.

you got me thinking with your comment about playing fast and slow...why DO people turn there noses up at shredding but not at the likes of bb king's "slow" playing? IS IT because they don't have that technique themselves and as you said are "jelous"?...iv'e made that comment on here before and rattled a few cages [unsure]

I'm jealous. I can't pick that fast. I want to... I've just not been able to develop that technique.

Yet.

But then, I don't bash shredding, either.

[thumbup]

(BB King doesn't play enough notes... ROFL!!!)

You can do it

Just practice some tremolo picking

O Sole Mio is a good place to start

V :-({|=

Archived