Gibson Brands Forums

Got Called In To Work by Security Company

G McBride

I got a call from the security company that the factory had multiple burglar alarms and they had called the Police. When I arrived the Maintenance Super was already there with two Police Cruisers in the Drive.

Turned out to be a faulty mag switch on a door sending the signal. Two officers were in the office with the Maintenance Super when I walked in. I went down the hall to my office and came back up and asked the officers if they would write a report for a missing 56 Les Paul for me. One of them said "Only if you are going to give it to me" and the other said "Would really have to be missing first".

I guess the insurance isn't going to gift me a 56 Les Paul. I really thought the officers would stroll back to my office and take a look but they could tell that I was not upset enough to have lost that kind of a prize guitar.

I guess the insurance isn't going to gift me a 56 Les Paul.

My prior insurance agent told me point blank he was not interested in writing a policy on my guitars, amps and firearms.

Said he would do the guns - that was it.

When I asked what the deal was, he sorta smiled and said EVERY claim he's ever had involving a guitar turned out to be fraudulant.

I guess the company paid off on a few, but he said they assumed they were all dirty.

So I got a new State Farm agent.

[thumbup]

Yeah McBride, I think you're in the clear.

Insurance companies are as bad as it gets to recover money from them.

They really assume they can throw some token amount of money at you and get you to sign a waiver.

Here's a couple bucks, be glad you got it.

Now STFU and GTFO.

[blink]

Oooooohhhhhhh..... I don't think so.

My low-level dealings with them have been bad enough, it's the stories I've heard that make me nuts.

No matter what they offer, even if it's more than you expected, fight LIKE HELL.

When you are making a claim to an insurance company, whether you realize it or not, you ARE in a negotiation session. Never, EVER take their first offer. It is usually less than they are obligated to pay. But if you accept it, you are done.

They think they are so-o-o-o-o sneaky with their 'Hold Harmless... acceptance as payment in full... yadda, yadda' above the endorsement line of they check they give you. :-" I may have fell off'n the turnip truck, but it wasn't yesterday. [sneaky]

Archived