AMD Anthlon II X4 620 Quad Core CPU @2.6ghz

ATI Raedeon HD XFX 5770 GPU Core Clock @850mhz; Memory Clock @1200mhz

Two SATA Hard Drives, One at 640GB, the other is 160GB

3X2GB DDR2 SDRAM Dual Channel @400mhz

500W Thermaltake PSU

2 80mm Fans and 1 92mm Fan

D-Link Xtreme N High Performance Gaming Wireless Card @ 300Mbps

Acer 23' inch monitor at 1920X1080p Full HD

Acer 20' CRT Display (Old monitor. I just use it for extra applications when I want 2 or more programs open at the same time. Play all my games on the HD screen.)

Nice system!

Are those drives in a JBOD RAID?

What games do you play??

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice system!

Are those drives in a JBOD RAID?

What games do you play??

No RAID system. They're each individual drives. The 640GB drive has Windows 7 on it. The 160GB is just for other random stuff.

I play:

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition

Thanks Damian! I'd take credit for it, but this was his dream and he really reached out and grabbed it. Missed Valedictorian in HS by one Advanced Placement class.

He does room with the Val at Vandy, tho!

And, while I've never tested it, I'm told the cockpit and controls are true to the planes they model. A friend of mine, who is a pilot (and the guy who turned me on to Flight Sim), assures me that if you can fly it in MS Flight Sim, you can fly it in real life.

May I never have to find out!

Congratulations on your son getting into Vandy! At least Valedictorian has merits at his high school. I got one B in an advanced placement class knocking me out of a 4.0, achieved Kansas Regents Honor Scholar, and lost Valedictorian to a 4 way tie between a group of girls who took art, phys. ed, and were office aides for a class period every semester.

Dual 8800's in SLI.... [scared]

Lag much???? hehehehehe

So, do you run a bunch of aps at the same time? I was under the impression that you don't really gain much from the quad cores unless you do.... [confused]

Tman.... BF Bad Company.... whaddya think of it?

Tman.... BF Bad Company.... whaddya think of it?

It's pretty fun! I play it almost every day. However I do play Black Ops far more. I've got all the graphics settings in BC2 (and all my other games) turned all the way up. The graphics are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than COD. Even Black Ops' graphics don't even hold a candle to how real BC2 looks.

It's pretty fun! I play it almost every day. However I do play Black Ops far more. I've got all the graphics settings in BC2 (and all my other games) turned all the way up. The graphics are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than COD. Even Black Ops' graphics don't even hold a candle to how real BC2 looks.

I think I know what'll be on my birthday list if I get Win7 for Xmas!!!

Thanks man :)

Call of Duty, Halo, and Left for Dead 2 are fun for playing with friends. Not much of a gamer, I just play for fun. Usually I'll try to do stuff where I only use a knife, or only use a riot shield or whatnot, just to piss people off. My K/D sucks btw

EDIT: I hardly play though because of lack of time and having better things to do. Haven't turned on my XBox since the summer [thumbup]

We have both, Neo.

Unlike most folks, and I am being HUGELY kind here given the utter drivel I hear spouted about these games, I find Rock Band to be an excellent game. I hope we can get the new version, where you actually fret and chord the guitars! I've heard that they've developed an interface that will allow you to use your REAL guitar when you play on the new edition of GH, but I haven't done any real research. It's an effort to make it more of a learning tool....

(For those of you wanting to know, our band in Rock Band is "Linkin's Gun"... I'm the vocalist/bassplayer)

^I do....for when my non-musician friends come over and we just wanna have some fun.

The High School Academic Team used to use Rock Band as a fund raiser. They'd charge per station, and the kids would line up to play. Made a small fortune.... [thumbup]

We have both, Neo.

Unlike most folks, and I am being HUGELY kind here given the utter drivel I hear spouted about these games, I find Rock Band to be an excellent game.

I agree Chan...its a lot of fun. A good party game. Though I have never played either of them on my own...just when we have company or for the 2 songs when my wife is feelin it.

I don't get the hate....elitist crap if you ask me. Its the attitude that if *I* don't play it, no one else should...because its stupid. :)

I have Beatles Rock Band and that one is a crowd pleaser...i like playing bass on that one.

So cool, Shred!

It's something the boys and I used to do... and I think, by and large, the reason folks hate the game is they can't play it. They try to play like a musician, and not a gamer, and suxxorz mightily.

Took me a VERY long time to learn to ignore the beat and just watch the bars cross the line [lol]

I would cuss that game..... LOL!

But if you get the old one, no ones gonna be playing the multiplayer online cause they'll all be playing the new one.

No, not true.

Even when halo 3 was out for years, people were still playing halo 2 online before it was shut down.

Yes, but most of those were people that were lacking in the money category. wink.gif

HAHA, did you just say that?

The MLG folks loved to hang at Halo 2, remind them of the old days.

Even i picked it up after halo 3 came out. The game was diffrent and hella alot of fun.

Yes, but most of those were people that were lacking in the money category. wink.gif

Ahhh.... so there is an Income detector built into the game, and if you don't make enough money you're not allowed to play the new games.... just the old ones!

Uhm.

How clever.

[mellow]

PS3. Bad Company 2 Battlefield very fun. Destructable environments,course language, drivable vehicles what more can you want ?. I caved and bought Call of Duty Special Ops. Its fun too but I like Bad company a little better. NHL 11 is the first sports game I bought in years. All three have great multiplayer platforms. And I have IL2 1946 for the comp ( only the best combat flight sim ever ! )My PS3 handle is Tentacle19. Feel free to add me if ya want.

Archived