Gibson Brands Forums

Took my American Strat back

Tim Plains

what model Teles do you like?

I love my Tele because it sounds awesome. It makes me work for it though.

I really want to put together a "partscaster" Cabronita Tele in fiesta red with a double bound body and a neck to my specs with the flatter Gibson style fret radius. And of course some filtertrons or something. I've checked it out and it wouldn't be all that expensive for top knotch sheeutt.

I really like Thin Lines, Customs with the shapely bodies and binding, Tele-Sonics, and Tele Deluxes. Standards aren't bad, but because there is no carving on the top it feels like playing a box. Deluxes are boxy too (and Les Paul heavy), but they sure do sing with those Seth Lover pickups.

I firmly disagree. I'll give you the Tele, depending on what model, but I would rather not play guitar at all than be stuck with any Strat or Strat copy.

I think I might take the neck off of my Strat, and get a tele body. That neck is one of the best I have ever felt. I feel no connection with the body, its pretty lifeless

You won't find these. Limited production of only like 18 months. They were hated, so they quit making them.

They only had 2 Elites on Ebay...

This is the far more reasonably priced other one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Japan-Elite-Stratocaster-EST83-110-316360005-/280581345311?pt=Guitar&hash=item4153f3901f

Of course, mine is black with a white PG :)

Honestly... I'm not a fan of regular Strats, too [lol]

Try an American Mahogany Strat. Neck pup, S1 switch out.

You'll take it home based on that tone alone.

Unless you don't like the color, of course. :D

Hi,

Funny how the neck can easily make you pass from I am in love with that guitar to I hate this guitar [biggrin]

I was wondering why I prefer my SG stg from my LesPaul Custom which is more 'Prestigious' ...

Now I know :) the SG is a 50 rounded and the LesPaul is Slim 60.

BTW I am really thinking about buying a tele (even a mexican one because they 're not so far from the U.S. ones (quality and sounding speaking)).

I already have a strat a hotrod vintage 62 and the neck fits really with my hand.

I think I might take the neck off of my Strat, and get a tele body. That neck is one of the best I have ever felt. I feel no connection with the body, its pretty lifeless

Unfortunately it's not possible to do a direct swap. You'll have to do some woodworking. When I got my Tele I looked around on the Fender forum for a while and I learned that.

Evol- I love the thinlines and Custom. I also love the Deluxe (especially in 3 tone burst). I don't know what a Telesonic is. I love the Standard though. Mainly just because I have one.

Unfortunately it's not possible to do a direct swap. You'll have to do some woodworking. When I got my Tele I looked around on the Fender forum for a while and I learned that.

Evol- I love the thinlines and Custom. I also love the Deluxe (especially in 3 tone burst). I don't know what a Telesonic is. I love the Standard though. Mainly just because I have one.

Yeah, I just wanna buy a body then throw in some pickups for it. I love the neck on the Strat, but I don't like the guitar that much

Archived