Gibson Brands Forums

GAS attack - Boss pedal

MojoRedFoot

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks man. I REALLY liked the CE5 and almost bought it cuz it's discontinued but could not justify the extra $80 for that reason alone. 2 chorus pedals would have been overkill but there's time to change my mind. They had 2 in stock [biggrin] It was the option for 4 presets and the fact that it is for bass too that sold me on the CE20.

Hey even though I said I hate that pedal I'm still glad you got it. Hope you like it.

Sorry for my ignorance but what is an OC-3? I know I could easily google it but I'd rather hear from you guys.

Obsessive Compulsive Three.........It's a Boss Octave pedal. I played with it a bunch today. Just a fun toy.

Cabba....I'll have to dig out 3 other pedals tomorrow for a picture. But here's the list:

Boss BF-2

Boss DD-3

Boss PH-3

Boss DS-2

Boss HM-3 (discontinued)

Original Crybaby

EB Volume

Danelectro Sitar Simulator

Line 6 XT Live (used separately on SS amps)

Hmm I like octave pedals.. Especially when combined with fuzz.

You seem like you really like Boss lol. I have 2 Boss pedals but my "collection" is just some random pedals and I only actually use 2 in my setup. My friend has my Boss delay and I want it back.

Get that back!

Yeah I tried digitech pedals but wasn't fond of em. Some of my friends had thos Ibanez tank pedal (the little black ones) but did not like them. Plus I got lots of compliments on the HM-3. Lots of offers to buy it from me but I won't sell it. Price is right for the Boss line. Not too pricey and good sound and construction.

+1 on Boss pedal construction!

I got the PS-3 instead of the octave... I can get and octave effect and more.... (but franky, I'm using it as a whammy pedal atm hehehe).

I thought you'd prefer the stored settings functionality of the CE-20. I can use the stomp function on most Boss pedals to change the effect, but it's pretty limited in what it can do... like alter speed but not depth.

Gratz again man... I really would like to hear your review of those pedals!

+1 on Boss pedal construction!

I got the PS-3 instead of the octave... I can get and octave effect and more.... (but franky, I'm using it as a whammy pedal atm hehehe).

I thought you'd prefer the stored settings functionality of the CE-20. I can use the stomp function on most Boss pedals to change the effect, but it's pretty limited in what it can do... like alter speed but not depth.

Gratz again man... I really would like to hear your review of those pedals!

Wow...how did I overlook the PS3?! Eek...potential gas again [cursing] I didn't see anything like it in the store.

My Crate bass amp has a built in Octave channel but not much you can do. One can get really creative w/ the OC3. I've always wanted an Octave pedal and was gonna get the OC2 but the bass input on the OC3 is a cool feature.

I know this is very out of character for me but I am asking for your input. I hope the store has one in stock but somehow I feel like they won't so I'll reach out here. Gonna visit GC and Sam Ash and try it IF they have one.

Does anyone have any experience with this pedal? I generally do not use pedals but for cleans I like to add a littler more than just reverb.

boss-ce-20-chorus-ensemble.jpg

this thread reminds me of someone... [biggrin]

I guess I can let yall know I got to use the pedal at church band practice. It's super cool having all those different settings. It sounded real good when I had my guitar on a mid/high gain w/ the chorus doing swells...sounded like whale calls...the band was digging the sound. Added a nice ambient sound. Anyhoo, I'm taking a stay-cation all next week so I'll have plenty off time to play with it.

Chan....drinking Old Rasputin (imperial stout, 9%) right now so I'm aboot to get really post happy [tongue]

I guess I can let yall know I got to use the pedal at church band practice. It's super cool having all those different settings. It sounded real good when I had my guitar on a mid/high gain w/ the chorus doing swells...sounded like whale calls...the band was digging the sound. Added a nice ambient sound. Anyhoo, I'm taking a stay-cation all next week so I'll have plenty off time to play with it.

Chan....drinking Old Rasputin (imperial stout, 9%) right now so I'm aboot to get really post happy [tongue]

You ARE da man!

Get hammered and play Spirit of Radio...!

Mojo, congrats on the pedal! I tried out the CE-20 at a GC once (I know, I know,) and I liked it too. I felt like it really put out some usable stuff. The CE-2 or CE-5 would be my go-to for a really subtle chorus, but the CE-20 can get pretty crazy and can do a lot. Anyway, if you're happy that's what counts, seeing as you're the one who bought the pedal [flapper].

Fred - I'm gonna keep bugging you till you get a Fuzz Factory.

Samesies. FRED GET A FUZZ FACTORY! GET A FUZZ FACTORY! GET A FUZZ FACTORY! GET A FUZZ FACTORY! GET A FUZZ FACTORY! GET A FUZZ FACTORY! GET A FUZZ FACTORY! GET A FUZZY FACTORY! GET A GOD-DAMN FUZZ FACTORY! FUZZ FUZZ FUZZ FUZZ FUZZ!

Haha are you a fan xdemon?

Fan of you, fan of Fred or fan of the Fuzz Factory?

Well, I haven't heard any of your music, so I can't really say whether or not I'm one of your fans. I like Nathan's music well enough, though, so I guess you could say I'm a fan of his. As for the Fuzz Factory? Hell yes. I have wanted one for a long time, and I think that he definitely needs one.

Well, I guess you'd know more about my tastes than I would. I am a bit of a square, and my guess is that your band is quite hip. Oh well. ;) [biggrin]

But yeah, the Fuzz Factory is sweet. FRED! GET A FUZZ FACTORY! GET A FUZZ FACTORY! GET A FUZZ FACTORY! GET A FUZZ FACTORY! GET A FUZZ FACTORY! Ugh...I've got to stop doing that. :mellow:

Archived