Gibson Brands Forums

Stupid question thread

Silenced Fred

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good suggestion AND a Star Wars reference....high five [thumbup]

Another serious question to Fred's thread. Regarding the Ibanez Tube Screamer. How is it possible that the original sounds of the old pedals cannot be recreated in the new ones? I don't use one and have never tried one but I read that a lot.

Newer transistors have tighter tolerances.

Oh... and if you've not tried it... a decent IPA in a can:

caldera_ipa_can.jpg

Pays to have a good, speaking relationship with my son!

http://parentingteen.../420meaning.htm

Also this

http://en.wikipedia....annabis_culture)

and maybe this

http://www.huffingto...s_n_188320.html

The answer is......

You're dealing with stoners and you expect someone to remember????

[lol] [lol] [lol]

From Mrs. Neo -

Can DVDs be played in a CD player (in her truck, for instance)?

I've seen a few "dual discs" lika an Aerosmith DVD, but I assumed they were tracking different sections.

Are there any that do both?

My guess was no.

As far as the Norlin era guitars go, I didn't really have the opportunity to get close to a Gibson in that era, but I can tell you the word among musicians I knew was, "They used to make the best guitars in the world but now they're just overpriced crap with cheapened woods."

So... when I had my hands on a mid '70s Ibanez "patent infringement" ES175 that seemed identical to the "good old Gibsons" friends played except for the unquestioned "Ibanez" on the headstock, I got it. Still have it. Still love it.

m

Where did "420" come from?

Not a smoker myself, so... [blink]

It came from a college campus where all the students would get out of class at 4 and light up at 420..Now it's used as major reference to marijuana obviously and people celebrate April 20th as a pot-smokers holiday...in witch I do partake..

Why are vegetables given such a bad rap? It seems like most folks seem to think meat is where it's at, and leafy greens be damned. Even when vegetables are consumed, more often than not they're the starchier ones--potatoes, corn, and so on. I suppose that at many times in history, there was certainly more nutritional benefit to eating meats and starchy vegetables, but the majority of us in the States have moved beyond those types of lifestyles. I mean, I love cabbage, broccoli, asparagus, spinach, turnips (the roots and the greens,) onions, shallots, lettuce, cauliflower (I call it "albino broccoli",) etc.

Hey, you asked for stupid questions...

From Mrs. Neo -

Can DVDs be played in a CD player (in her truck, for instance)?

I've seen a few "dual discs" lika an Aerosmith DVD, but I assumed they were tracking different sections.

Are there any that do both?

My guess was no.

You are correct. They are a different format. Most DVD players are backwards compatible, though.

How do you change your strings?

and the only way i know about norlin era les pauls, is that Randys LP custom was a pancake body, and if im right, eventually split and is now gone.

ADGB first, leaving the E strings taught, and cleaning beneath them. After restringing the ADBG strings, I replace the E's.

Why are vegetables given such a bad rap? It seems like most folks seem to think meat is where it's at, and leafy greens be damned. Even when vegetables are consumed, more often than not they're the starchier ones--potatoes, corn, and so on. I suppose that at many times in history, there was certainly more nutritional benefit to eating meats and starchy vegetables, but the majority of us in the States have moved beyond those types of lifestyles. I mean, I love cabbage, broccoli, asparagus, spinach, turnips (the roots and the greens,) onions, shallots, lettuce, cauliflower (I call it "albino broccoli",) etc.

Hey, you asked for stupid questions...

For the most part it has to do with uninspired preparation while we are growing up. If the vegetables were cooked in a more palatable fashion, more folks would adapt to eating them sooner.

Also, raw vegetables are underrated.

Archived