Gibson Brands Forums

New Years Getting Close

MrNylon

New Years is getting close. Do you do the New Years resolution? Plan to, or say who cares? Somebody had to ask this very stupid question. I myself don't do the resolution thing.

Blah blah, make myself a better person... mainly, I just want to start playing more shows and get this damn EP recorded. My drummer failed like 2 classes (in his defense, it was only on progress reports, he didn't fail the classes) but his parents have grounded him from that time until they get the report card (at least) so we haven't been able to jam or anything in quite some time... That's what I want. Oh, and either get signed by Sony, or get Scarlett Johansson [biggrin]

I do, every year. Used to makes lots and fail on every one.... Now I just make one, and usually it is something to make me, or someone else, better or happier. Much easier to stick to just one.

Last year I started the year at a little over 290 lbs. with a resolution to get into better shape. I have hit the weight bench several times a week, worked out on the pell daily (as weather permits :) ) and fought every chance I can. I am now a much more compact 275 and have dropped my waistline from a 50/52 to a 42.

I've not decided what this year's will be...

After wishing all our mates down the pub a happy new year we come back 11ish - then my wife and I have a ritual that we do every new years eve,

We make a list of things we want to achieve in the forth coming year and then after writing it on the computer, drink to it together toasting life and being alive!! We also toast any friends or family that have passed on the past year and wish them wellxx

then we go through the lasts year's list and toast to what we did (or didn't do) and carry them over if they are still in progress. Then we switch on Jules Holland and drink in the year! I Love it more than Christmas Day!! msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

Matt

Archived