Gibson Brands Forums

Then and Now - Post those old picks of "Back in the Day"

Andy R

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'mean like this?

I think this is about 35 years ago and I was already around 30 and doing a lot of "old time" and Bluegrass stuff.

My hair usually is a bit shorter now but currently is "winter shaggy." This pix is the "sheepherder style" haircut I had back then.

Still have the guitar, btw. It's one of the first "electric legend" acoustic electric Ovations. Nice neck.

m

Y'mean like this?

I think this is about 35 years ago and I was already around 30 and doing a lot of "old time" and Bluegrass stuff.

My hair usually is a bit shorter now but currently is "winter shaggy." This pix is the "sheepherder style" haircut I had back then.

Still have the guitar, btw. It's one of the first "electric legend" acoustic electric Ovations. Nice neck.

m

Lookin' like a hippy back then Milod!msp_thumbup.gif

[laugh] LOL!

I call my run of pictures as the days of much hair and tiny pants to less hair and bigger britches! [lol]

Yeah me too. Size 28 waist in the first picture size 36 now. You kinda had the Michael Wilton look in your avatar.

Summer of '78:

swe78.jpg

I don't have a 'now' pic of me (you're welcome!) but suffice to say the Telecaster aged MUCH more gracefully than I did...

tele3.jpg

Wow is that the same Tele? It did get a nice mellow yellow didn't it.

I wish I did. 100% polyester. I think I wore that all through high school and a while afterwards. $4.99 at Zayres and probably came with a sweater vest.

I still have the Tele and the class ring. I was probably wearing a big pot metal Chevrolet belt buckle and I still have that.

The clothes, my hair, and the crabapple tree are gone though.

Back when I was a real musician... I'm the one with the pink Charvel.... (The Roxy Theatre in Hollywood) (26 years ago)

GROUP-1.jpg

Me with my serious tuff-dood look (red arrow) (25 years ago)

deallen3.jpg

Me eight months ago when I was just fitted with glasses [cursing]

P2280127B.jpg

Me yesterday getting high off the nitro [biggrin] .... I need haircut really bad :blink:

PC120287nnnn.jpg

Back when I was a real musician... I'm the one with the pink Charvel.... (The Roxy Theatre in Hollywood) (26 years ago)

GROUP-1.jpg

Me with my serious tuff-dood look (red arrow) (25 years ago)

deallen3.jpg

Me eight months ago when I was just fitted with glasses [cursing]

P2280127B.jpg

Me yesterday getting high off the nitro [biggrin] .... I need haircut really bad :blink:

PC120287nnnn.jpg

Awesome Duane! So you are/were a Charvel dude too!? Is that an 87 or so Model 2 I spy? What's it say on the headstock? And I have to ask what was the name of the band?

Awesome Duane! So you are/were a Charvel dude too!? Is that an 87 or so Model 2 I spy? What's it say on the headstock? And I have to ask what was the name of the band?

I'm still a Charvel and Moser dood... That Charvel is a 83 I had re-sprayed, and I have a 82 Charvel I got for a graduation present.... That band was DeAllen.... I started it in junior high in 1976, and called it a day in 1987.

I'm still a Charvel and Moser dood... That Charvel is a 83 I had re-sprayed, and I have a 82 Charvel I got for a graduation present.... That band was DeAllen.... I started it in junior high in 1976, and called it a day in 1987.

I was just getting rolling in 87. Had a blast though! An 83? What kinda trem is on that thing? I see the behind the nut locker like the Kahler and the Jackson floyd. Doesn't look llike a kahler. I give...

Is that really you ChanMan? msp_thumbup.gif

/chuckle

If I was gonna fake it I'da found a better looking guy :D

How about

12th Century Norman

DNAVIKING.jpg

9th Century Viking

100_2134-crop.jpg

Mo beddah?

(I got NO pics that I can find of me playing.... maybe in the photo albums... if I can find one I'll scan it in and post it)

Archived