Gibson Brands Forums

Bigsby

Thundergod

There's no big difference in price and I was wondering if there's any big difference between them aside from the country of origin. Is the B70 any good? I'm about to install a bigsby on a guitar and the local dealer only has the b70 and not the b7. Ordering the b7 this close to christmas would mean a 2-3 week wait. [cursing] It would also cost about 40-50 bucks more, is it worth the wait and the diference in price?

Please give your opinion, if anyone has used both in similar guitars I'd like to have some reviews [thumbup]

I've used some aftermarket bigsby replacements (one on my long lost made in korea dearmond m75-t, had DeArmond writen on it instead of bigsby) and they worked great IMO, one has to take on acount bigsbies are not meant to be used as dive bombing tools [rolleyes]

I´ve used a couple of US bisgbies and didn´t really feel they were way better than those made in Asia.

Like Neo, I try to buy MIA when I can.

I work at a big department store and it really bothers me when I'm unloading the truck and every box says "Country of origin: China".

If it were me, I'd pay the extra $50 for the MIA even if there's not a big difference.

Not trying to be holier than thou or anything. I have a bunch of MIC stuff like my ac30. It's hard to avoid.

I want to ad something (and please don't take it in a bad way but...) I'm not IN the US and I am not FROM the US and so I don't really care about "buy stuff made in here" or "buy american, help our economy" or "buy something made by american hands". I get most of you guys are from the US and I understand you try to help your economy and help your fellow Americans keep their jobs, but all that put aside, are there any quality, design or build differences aside from the hands that built it being white/black/brown/yellow or just (for sure) yellow? [biggrin]

I'd like to have this guitar finished before year's end [biggrin]

The licensed version is good enough, actually the Gibson Les Paul Florentine and Taylor Electric Guitars use them.

If you are adding it to an expensive guitar I'd go with the US version as for what I understand they use the same sand castings they have been using for decades.

To me the US version looks beefier in person.

Archived