Gibson Brands Forums

A visit to the Best Buy Music department

ChanMan

1. The new Boss Power Stack pedal is da freakin' BOMB. At least it was through that little Vox amp. Glad It made my Christmas list.

2. I take back every bad thing I ever said about Squiers and Telecasters. I tried out the above pedal using a Squier Tele. It was one of the best sounding and playing guitars I've played. It was $179.00.

3. The Bogner Alchemist is STILL the balls to the wall best amp I've ever played. I A/B'd it with a Marshall MG series full stack. Even my youngest noted how much better the tube Bogner sounded than the SS Marshall. Yeah, I know, but still... a full stack VS a 2x12 combo. I may be in love.[wub]

and lastly....

4. Several strangers complimented me as I left the store. It got to be a bit embarrassing. The old boy can still play :)

Thanks for letting me share.

I return you to your regularly scheduled Forum.

Those Squiers can be deceiving. Especially the vintage vibe or whatever they are called. REALLY good looking. I just can't bring myself to buy one. 2 American made Strats already. Plus I'm GASing for the American Special Tele....the one Shred has 'cept I want the white one. I'd be ok with a Squier as a "beat up guitar" to play at home.

I thought you meant the music as in CDs. Last time I went to Best Buy, that section was tiny. Like 3 rows. Big new section for mp3 and iPods.

I just thought of a little scheme.

I wonder if you could get them to price match the price of one of those websites that sells Chinese fakes listed as Gibsons.

If so, you could pick up a Les Paul Standard for like $250.

Shouldn't be hard to do at any of the Guitar Centers in Phoenix......

Would never fly here in Nashville

But I like the way you think.......

[lol]

Believe it or not my SG Standard came from Best Buy in Memphis. Came straight out of the box in the Warehouse, saw them unpack it. I'd buy from them anyday before GC.

Absolutely!

From what I've seen, they take the Guitar Center business model and work it properly.

Archived