Gibson Brands Forums

gibson set action low?

Kevylot

The setups are like a crackerjack box ' date=' The surprise is always in the bottom .

Kinda like the guy who cuts the nuts ...[/quote']

You just blew my mind away...maybe it's the same guy??

Some old guy that won't retire and Gibson won't fire him because he's been with the company for ages...

Worth considering are a few points:

- If different techs at Gibson are doing the setups, it's likely that all the guitars are not being set up the same.

- Often times, buying "off the rack" can mean that the guitar started out at Gibson, then was shipped to a distributor where it might sit in a hot warehouse, then it is shipped where it possibly travels through one or more different climates (temperature and humidity changes) and then finally reaches the store where it might sit in a hot warehouse and later be moved to an airconditioned showroom. All that adds up to the setup possibly being knocked all out of whack.

- Customers trying out the guitars are messing with the bridges.

So, while I find that Gibson is definitely less than perfect when it comes to QC, I don't believe that all setup issues are a result of how the guitars leave the factory.

The Gibson factory setup is about middle of the road.........................maybe a tad to the high side.

Can't speak for the new PLEK'ed guitars' date=' though. [/quote']

the plek'ed traditional is set low i hear? anyone to confirm?

Archived