Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone here buy this?

Fixr1984

One of the owners of the company I work for just sold this. He came up to me today and showed it

to me cause he new I was into guitars. I havent seen any Les Pauls with a maple fretboard before.

I dont know the real value but I think he gave someone a pretty

good deal. I was just woundering if it eneded up in one of your hands.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Custom-/140496219377?pt=Guitar&hash=item20b63a2cf1

I've seen them before, not sure if it was in that finish (I think the one I saw was green... I might be wrong).

Then you have the raw power les pauls, which are like studios with maple fretboards (and necks?) and faded finish. They look great in some finishes, I think gold, yellow and white looked nice.

Those are more common than one would think.....I ckecked out a Gibby LP with a birdseye maple top the other day...

There's quite a few unique real Gibby LPs out there.................

Yer its probs a raw power guitar, which are suprisingly good for such a cheap gibby. But I've also seen a few fake gibson les pauls with maple fretboards which people at local bars and clubs play. I checked if they were real and unfortunatly they were those chinese fakes we hear so much about.

It's far too old to be a raw power. Seems to be from the 70's

Yeah from the aging of the binding, I'd think it was a 70's model. The headstock looks like it came out of the 70's too. And Raw power doesn't have the custom block inlay like this guitar does.

Archived