Gibson Brands Forums

Nighthawk Custom Reissue

sparky scott 29

I'm a little confused [confused] , are you saying the Bridge pickup is too close to the bridge, or not close enough? 'Cause I have issues with the way my palm rests on a traditional Stop Tailpiece, I feel I have to move too far over the strings to get them to mute. My nighthawks bridge seems very controllable, although I'm sure different techniques come into play.

The bridge pup is too far away from the bridge... So when my muting palm is resting near the bridge saddles, my pick placement is right over the bridge pup which I do not like...

My attack style when I pick is mostly before the bridge pup.

As for the tone, once a guitar don't feel right I lose complete regard for the tone... Basically if the guitar don't feel right, I'm not going to produce the tones from hands that I normally would.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bridge pup is too far away from the bridge... So when my muting palm is resting near the bridge saddles, my pick placement is right over the bridge pup which I do not like...

My attack style when I pick is mostly before the bridge pup.

As for the tone, once a guitar don't feel right I lose complete regard for the tone... Basically if the guitar don't feel right, I'm not going to produce the tones from hands that I normally would.

That makes sense, and I totally understand your last statement, a guitar has to feel right.

Love the Les Paul in a funhouse mirror body shape. Don't have a problem with Epiphone either. I love my LP Standard and often go to it before my "real" Les Pauls. For my style of music (mostly rock when I pick up an electric guitar), the pu configuration on the Nighthawk is way more than I'd ever need. Heck, on my Les Pauls, I'm 95% on the treble pickup as it is...wouldn't need to confuse my simple self with loads of options. I don't care much for those bridge/saddle combos with springs either. Just my 2 cents. Might be a great axe for someone with varied playing styles.

Archived