Gibson Brands Forums

Nighthawk Custom Reissue

sparky scott 29

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys..I just called the guitar store...and...Epiphone Nighthawk WILL be sent out to me in the middle of February!!

But it gets better.... Ya ready??

$ 299.99 no tax, and no shipping!! Yeee Haww!! smiley-dance006.gif

( no shipping charges )

Careful Sparky, you know the old saying, "if it's too good to be true.."

Is it the Custom Reissue or just an Epi Nighthawk?

Make sure you get the right one! What colour did you get?

Well guys..I just called the guitar store...and...Epiphone Nighthawk WILL be sent out to me in the middle of February!!

But it gets better.... Ya ready??

$ 299.99 no tax, and no shipping!! Yeee Haww!! smiley-dance006.gif

( no shipping charges )

Where from ????? that's a good deal...........??????????????????????? [scared][thumbup][woot]eusa_clap.gif:-k ........

If anybody wants one, do like I did..Just say you thought you had credit from another purchase, they said we can't tell how much the credit is for??

I know, but, that worked to my advantage, cuz I also told them, because, I had received email from them saying they did not want to lose my business,

to do your best, or I will go elsewhere.. I also told him I know I'm buying one today, either from them or another place I had talked to already..

The next thing I know, he puts me on hold, comes back and says, $299.99 out the door no taxes, no shipping charges either..

They said that that was cost for them, but who knows for sure.... Anyways, if you want one, call:

Music123 and ask for Scott, of all names, same, go figure... Online store....

That's the story, try it, I told him that some people from the Gibby forum just may call you out on that price.. .emoticon-south-park-021.gif

He said, have'm call, ask for Scott..... And no, it's not me...

From the pictures From the people I have talked to, independently, each of the say the flamed top looked very good...

From what I've seen, it looks great, but we all know how the pictures can be dolled up though...eusa_think.gif

When are you suppose to get yours??

I find that date hard to believe..

From the pictures From the people I have talked to, independently, each of the say the flamed top looked very good...

From what I've seen, it looks great, but we all know how the pictures can be dolled up though...eusa_think.gif

When are you suppose to get yours??

I find that date hard to believe..

They have no solid date yet, but that's ok, I can wait and save up for it. I've got confidence that the fireburst will be great just like the honeyburst you got!

Well I played the Gibson Night Hawk (one with the three pups).... I don't like my pick placement in relationship to where my palm rests on the bridge, (right over the center of the bridge humbucker) [thumbdn]

I play too loud to not have my palm near the bridge to control the amp.... Not my cup of tea.... Dont like pickin directly over the pups, epsecially the bridge pup

I hope I like mine, site unseen.. But, the price??I'm hoping Duane style is different than mine, since we all like different types, otherwise there would be only 1 type guitar, just different colors. .smiley-music014.gif

And OWL, that was my second choice.. I usually always end up with honey or Cherry Bursts for what ever reason..

Oh, and Duane, how was the sound vs play ability from your perspective??

Well I played the Gibson Night Hawk (one with the three pups).... I don't like my pick placement in relationship to where my palm rests on the bridge, (right over the center of the bridge humbucker) [thumbdn]

I play too loud to not have my palm near the bridge to control the amp.... Not my cup of tea.... Dont like pickin directly over the pups, epsecially the bridge pup

I'm a little confused [confused] , are you saying the Bridge pickup is too close to the bridge, or not close enough? 'Cause I have issues with the way my palm rests on a traditional Stop Tailpiece, I feel I have to move too far over the strings to get them to mute. My nighthawks bridge seems very controllable, although I'm sure different techniques come into play.

Archived