Gibson Brands Forums

Nighthawk Custom Reissue

sparky scott 29

+1 Big Kahune, I made sure to read before I pre-ordered.

And Mojo, I'm no longer in the dog house, all is forgiven. Specifically she said "get it all out of your system now because when we have a house and kids you won't be able to spend that money on guitars."

God I love that woman [thumbup]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is going be locked if it keeps going in this direction

Tman this isnt the place to be posting your dislikes for other countries... As I'm sure you're well aware, we have many members from different countries that post here, and no doubt will take issue with your statement. So our advice is to CAN IT on such subject matter

thanx!!!

This thread is going be locked if it keeps going in this direction

Tman this isnt the place to be posting you dislikes for other countries... As I'm sure you're well aware, we have many members from different countries that post here, and no doubt will take issue with your statement. So our advice is to CAN IT on such subject matter

thanx!!!

Don't attack the symptom, take away the disease Duane, I'm sure people are at least getting a kick out of my financially whipped butt [razz]

Artillery Owl -

Tell you what. Lookin at the MSRP, the street price should be very decent.

I'm thinkin' about throwin' down on it. B)

I've got an Epi LP Ultra II, mahogany, etc. Love it. It needs a mate. B)

Yeah 600 + taxes here for one, already put down the pre-order like mentioned. For amount of guitar you get I'd be upset if I let this one go by.

This is a Reissue after my own heart, both of 'em (both Nighthawks, that is). For the record, I don't just "Have a nighthawk", I gig with my Nighthawk regularly. That and a Strat are two I always bring along.

Oddly enough the Epiphone is the one I'm really looking forward to trying out. If it's as faithful to the Original Gibson as it seems then It's going right in my frontline. The new Gibson reissue looks pretty cool, too, but the Poplar body and Maple neck give me pause. That will probably change the deep heavy tones and sustain of the original Nighthawk. Really looking forward to trying them out side by side. [thumbup]

Interesting.... All that for $400

That is the only part that gives me Pause. Maybe if that's an introductory price it could be a good time to get one before they jack the price up to where the LP Plus and Sheraton II. If, however, that price reflects the quality I'll be sorely disappointed.

I will say that the new Gibby Nighthawk is an interesting guitar in it's own right. Not a lot of guitars made out of Poplar and Maple with a set neck and humbuckers. Don't know what to expect out of that, but all the ingredients are quality so it should really be something.

That is the only part that gives me Pause. Maybe if that's an introductory price it could be a good time to get one before they jack the price up to where the LP Plus and Sheraton II. If, however, that price reflects the quality I'll be sorely disappointed.

I will say that the new Gibby Nighthawk is an interesting guitar in it's own right. Not a lot of guitars made out of Poplar and Maple with a set neck and humbuckers. Don't know what to expect out of that, but all the ingredients are quality so it should really be something.

Seems kinda cool, Sheratons are great guitars for the money though, hope to get one of those too [thumbup]

Hey,

Gibson used (some) Poplar on the Gibson BluesHawk's and they sound great, I was lucky to buy one before they were dc'd (but it was used , but after discontinuation and with a OHSC they switched to gig bags near the end, the Vintage Guitar 2011 has a favorable price on them (for what that is worth :) I paid under $500.00 and then got it set up and cleaned up by a friend of a friend who owns a Gibson-epiphone Authorized Repair Center , I sure wish they would consider a BluesHawk reissue also

Godin uses Polar in some of their guitars ? the semi hollow bodies (some with synth access or acoustic bridges the SGTX ? I think I am wrong on the model name they are still sold and have been since ? 2000?

I would like to try out both the Gibson and Epiphone I own one Epiphone a Elitist Series '57 Goldtop MIJ Les Paul and it plays superbly , with HSC I would not sell that one (unless absolute necessary) The Elistists were very good, I only wish I had the $ to get a ES-335 and maybe a Byrdland or Chet Atkins model ? why they dc'd that series another ?

D in Ohio eusa_boohoo.gif

Archived