Gibson Brands Forums

Double Neck

sparky scott 29

White with no gold - sig or no sig, that's the best looking EDS I've seen. [drool]

No doubt about it, that thing is sharp! (I'm a sucker for white Sg's as it is) I just wouldn't buy it for the name only and I wouldn't drop for the signature.

White with no gold - sig or no sig, that's the best looking EDS I've seen. [drool]

Yeah, and a regular Gibson SG '61Ri is $3,299. Come on...

Exactly, I was thinking the same thing. The prices on some of these sig. models are getting way outta hand....

In this economy?? Yeah, right....I still like it though!!

To bad I only got an Epi 1275, it's not that much worse of a guitar, considering the price comparing....

So I'll stick with my Epi.

Sheesh, that's expensive but SUCH A BEAUTIFUL GUITAR.

Frankly, though, I have no need for a double-neck, beautiful though it may be...I don't think the time will ever come where I have a reason to play a twelve-string, seeing as how I'm quickly turning into, as Neo once put it if I'm not mistaken, a "three-string power-chord hack."

Oh well.

Exactly, I was thinking the same thing. The prices on some of these sig. models are getting way outta hand....

In this economy?? Yeah, right....I still like it though!!

To bad I only got an Epi 1275, it's not that much worse of a guitar, considering the price comparing....

So I'll stick with my Epi.

I agree with you on all points....and on my guitar list is an Epi double neck..........I already own a double neck 6/12, and a bass 4 / guitar 6 string guitars though......But I am a guitar whore......

So much better is buying a reg. guitar, and waiting for the opportunity to have it signed; usually saves around three to ten grand...........

About that new " Beano " Gibby, is that real, or a parody ??? And, wow, white looks SO good on some guitars.......Awel has a custom S.G. in Gibson Denim White.....very rare....

Two strings.

[flapper]

Yeah, I'll be the first tell anybody that the double necks are cool, but they are tough to live with.

Considering I can't play a twelve for sh!t, it's a wonder I own two of them and lust after more...

I like the wiring mod on the Felder though.

Two strings.

[flapper]

Yeah, I'll be the first tell anybody that the double necks are cool, but they are tough to live with.

Considering I can't play a twelve for sh!t, it's a wonder I own two of them and lust after more...

My twelve neck is tuned to an open A, and I can actually play both necks at the same time......and I know another Aspie who can do the same thing......Neo, I can play viola and chello and double bass, yet violins are beyond my range, yet I want another violin........hmmm.........Guitar 'lust' is good........I just got two new guitars......One's a 40 year old Epi solid body; I'm going to mod with new pickups, electronics, and a Bigsby...in disregards to 'collecters' value.........I ain't selling it..........I'm making it mine..........Double necks are great..........

I am off topic, my bad.............................so sorry....................................

Two strings.

[flapper]

Oh, it was two strings!

No wonder I was having so much trouble nailing NeoConTone... [biggrin][flapper]

Well then...I guess it's not so strange for me to be lusting after so many guitars, despite the fact that, compared to so many on the forum, I frankly can't play worth a darn.

After a good four years or so, I've pretty much resigned to the fact that I'll never be any good. And yet I still play. And yet I still have GAS. It's irrational behavior, but it seems to hurt nobody. [thumbup] Speaking of which, the more I think about the Felder double-neck, the more I want it. #-o

I never told ANYBODY my guitar habit made any sense.

Ten years ago, I bought my Cherryburst Les Paul.

After I picked it up from the store, I stopped by my office for something.

All the redneck crane operators (and a few truck drivers) crowded around my truck to see what I was doing.

Told them I was headed home to play with my new baby.

"A geetar??? What's so special about a geetar?"

Yes, a guitar.

So I pulled it outta the case to show it off.

Lotsa smiles, whistles and nods of approval.

"DAYUM!..... I bet THAT was expensive!!!!"

Yes, a little.

"So... um.... what does something like that cost?"

I told them, and the first thing one of them said was;

"Fxck me!!!" Do you play that good?"

No.

Does owning your new truck mean you're fxcking Mario Andretti?

From that day forward, I've referred to myself as a collector.

Takes away that whole "playing good" expectation, eh?

Archived