Gibson Brands Forums

New amp anyone?

Roxxas049

They're not the best practice amp for the home but if you want a decent amp for the bedroom check out the "Stupid deal of the day" from Musician's Friend today Tuesday Jan 18 the Line 6 spider IV 15w is just $59.99. The description says it's a factory "restock" I'm not sure what they mean by that but the return policy is the same either way.

Well.... only guitar related $$$ in the budget this year is for strings/tubes/what have you.... have no experience with the Line 6 amps, but it seems folks either love 'em or hate 'em. I already have one disposable 15w ss amp, don't need another. Sounds like a decent price, though..

That seems like a good deal. But myself, I don't like playing through those little 15 watt amps. Sure, they have distortion etc, but I can get all that through my old ROSS "Rock Box". But your guitar will sound so much different through a "stage" quality, 50 watt or higher amp. AND you'll find out what your guitars REALLY sound like!

You guys should check out the new Fender Mustang line of amps. They are CHEAP and AWESOME.

the USB out on my Mustang II broke (stopped working). After a call to Fender to verify and do a "walk-through" with the technician, he told me to "bring it to an authorized repair center, 5 year warranty". So, yes they are indeed awesome (I don't know why the USB port stopped working though). Check out my latest setup, a Vox ToneLab SE and a Fender G-DEC Junior. I like this set up even better than the Mustang.

tonecomp.jpg

tonelab.jpg

jrmic.jpg

That seems like a good deal. But myself, I don't like playing through those little 15 watt amps. Sure, they have distortion etc, but I can get all that through my old ROSS "Rock Box" with headphones or plugged into my pc speakers. But your guitar will sound so much different through a "stage" quality, 50 watt or higher amp (solid state or tube). AND you'll find out what your guitars REALLY sound like! As far as the Line 6 amps go, I've played through a couple and they're ok. I still love tube amps, but it seems like the tube unit has "a" sound, and all you can do is tweak it some. My Behringer (I know, it's a cheap amp) GMX212 is VERY versatile. I can get many "different" sounds easily, and I mean many DIFFERENT! Not just a variation of the stock sound. The Line 6 amps are like that also, even more so than my amp. And the Behringer is less than half the cost of a comparable Line 6.

That seems like a good deal. But myself, I don't like playing through those little 15 watt amps. Sure, they have distortion etc, but I can get all that through my old ROSS "Rock Box". But your guitar will sound so much different through a "stage" quality, 50 watt or higher amp. AND you'll find out what your guitars REALLY sound like!

The amp emulations, when being recorded, are pretty accurate. I think these amps are better for home recording (or even studio recording) than they are for "stage". Maybe the new Fender Mustang III, IV and V will be a bit sturdier but the Mustang I at $100.00 is pretty awesome. Why weren't there amps like that when I was a kid ?

Technology Grasshopper! Man I've really got to be honest, I've had a bunch of amps, tube and solid state, and this GMX212 modeling is just BAAADDD! Plus it's got all kinds of RCA ins and outs, headphone out, line out, effects out/in etc................ More than I have cables for. AND IT SOUNDS AWESOME! IMO STUDIO QUALITY! Maybe HIFI quality!

PLUS BUILT-IN EFFECTS! Absolutely the very first amp I've ever owned that, so far, that I haven't used ANY external pedals with, except the midi board.I remember with my Marshalls, Peaveys, Fenders, I HAD to use pedals to get the sounds I wanted.

They've come a LONG way since I bought my first amp.

Picked up a Vox AC4TV a few weeks ago. You should check one out if you really want a GOOD practice amp.

Would love me a Vox AC4TV, just not in the budget....bummer....have to make do with what I've got for a couple years ...not really all that bad, but those Vox's (Voxes???) look sweet

Archived