Gibson Brands Forums

Do you play pool ?

lagerfanny

Just had a very intense 2 hours playing at work in our Christmas knockout cup (it has overrun cos collegues have trouble playing due to shift patterns) But happy to say I won my semi-final 3-1 =D> with a very hard fought 40 minutes on the black in the second game. (our rules are the black ball must be potted in the same pocket as your last colour)

Strange just how much the pressure builds. What it must be like for pro snooker players I would hate to feel.

Home now chilling with a cold beer and gonna have a thrash on the guitar in a while [smile]

I have a Brunswick tournament table(4x9) in my home. My Grandfather purchased it brand new back in 1977. I play as much as I have time for, which is very little. Just had it re-covered in Burgundy cloth to go with the rest of the room re-model my wife spent $9,000 on!

I have a Brunswick tournament table(4x9) in my home. My Grandfather purchased it brand new back in 1977. I play as much as I have time for, which is very little. Just had it re-covered in Burgundy cloth to go with the rest of the room re-model my wife spent $9,000 on!

Why would you let her do that!? msp_scared.gif Thats $9,000 that you could have spent on some very nice guitars!

Why would you let her do that!? msp_scared.gif Thats $9,000 that you could have spent on some very nice guitars!

True, but if momma's not happy, NOBODY is happy. At least I got my pool table recovered in the deal! THAT was a grand!

Just had a very intense 2 hours playing at work in our Christmas knockout cup (it has overrun cos collegues have trouble playing due to shift patterns) But happy to say I won my semi-final 3-1 =D> with a very hard fought 40 minutes on the black in the second game. (our rules are the black ball must be potted in the same pocket as your last colour)

Strange just how much the pressure builds. What it must be like for pro snooker players I would hate to feel.

Home now chilling with a cold beer and gonna have a thrash on the guitar in a while [smile]

I love pool. On the lookout for a new spot to get back in stroke in fact. I like the rules you play by... when I was neck deep in the game, we played "call your next shot." Basically you call the first shot and the next. If your leave is off for the next you can still take a shot but your turn is over if you don't make the shot you'd just called before (and you must always call the next shot). It made for great practice on our leaves.

You aren't married, are you? If you ever take the plunge this will all make sense.

I've been married 17 years and half the stuff my wife requires doesn't make sense. However, I do go with the flow (no pun intended) to keep her pleased. "Happy wife, happy life".

when I was a kid growing up my parents had a 1909 Brunswick leather pocket pool table in our basement-found it in a old building and had it restored-that table had the best action of any pool table I have ever played on-ah! the good old days-The balls that came with it were the old baked clay ones that were the ones that came with it new-if that table could talk I bet it had some good stories-

Archived