Gibson Brands Forums

GIBSON OR EPIPHONE OR OTHER

davey500music

Don't know for sure but that looks like a knock off to me. Unless they were using 3 screw truss rod covers for a while that I'm not aware of.

Dunno, some other people here would know for sure better than I would, but it doesn't look like a Gibson to me.

Don't know for sure but that looks like a knock off to me. Unless they were using 3 screw truss rod covers for a while that I'm not aware of.

Dunno, some other people here would know for sure better than I would, but it doesn't look like a Gibson to me.

Tks Brandon ....will wait to see other input there is no truss rod nut under plate you have to go thru sound hole

Some of the images are tiny which doesn't help but the headstock is the Epiphone shape and the guitar is completely the wrong outline for a J-45.

EDIT : Here's the real one on the right. Note much rounder 'shoulders' and correct bridge shape.

FakeJ-45andreal.jpg

Avoid it unless it's cheap as dirt and plays like butter.

P.

Some of the images are tiny which doesn't help but the headstock is the Epiphone shape and the guitar is completely the wrong outline for a J-45.

Search for images of a Gibson J-45 to see better.

Avoid it unless it's cheap as dirt and plays like butter.

P.

tks p....paid 250.00 hopefully it plays half decent lol.. will know when my friend try;s it tks dave

Look like a chinese fake to me

This post has been edited by ksdaddy: Today, 04:02 PM

Reason for edit: removed link

Ksdaddy - good job on the edit.

Brief explanation, benefit for all.

No harm, no hurt feelings, no mysterious cloak & dagger stuff... [thumbup]

Headstock shape looks Epiphone.

Not sure about the label. Usually, a label is applied off center to avoid having to paste it over a center back brace which reinforces a book matched back splice. Which this doesn't have. It's a one piece back....

The second and third shot appear to reveal that there may have been another label on the guitar at one time. Or, it could be dust and lighting.

Pick guard looks Epiphone like. Why is it flat black? Lighting? Painted over (to hide the tell tale Epiphone epsilon?)

Without better pics, I caint' say for sure, But if I was a bettin' man I would NOT buy it for a Gibson price.

Something is fishy.

probably bought a stack of blank "Gibson" soundhole stickers off ebay, or counterfieted them themselves.......slapped them in Chinese knockoff guitars, and there we have it.....

we sells the finnest GUITARS that are had in the world ! we keeps in stock all the bigest names brand.....Gibsin, Fenderer, Paul Read Smith, Marten and Tailor, and all is make and ship from right here in People Republick of China, so we gives you the LOWEST PRISES in the world !!

dont miss you chanse to buys one or more of thees great savings guitars !

Archived